Recent content by 943

1. 9

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

I’m still waiting for stuff I ordered 14th May. Don’t think it’s coming - have put in a dispute.
  2. 9

How do you get to the top of Stromlo?

Thanks - happy with the route if that’s the “normal” way up. I’ll need to tough it out and get used to it.
  3. 9

How do you get to the top of Stromlo?

Beginner rider here did my first ride up and down Stromlo yesterday. Really enjoyed the run down Western Wedgetail, Skyline, Luge and Duffy (need to learn how to ride berms though). To get to the top, we started in the car park, ride up Cockatoo Switchbacks, down the fire road to Blue Gums...
  4. 9

Made a mistake - need a 2nd set of wheels

Fast? I’m primarily a road rider (yeah, yeah...) and like going fast.
  5. 9

I like the look of the Vittoria Mezcals - thoughts on these ?
  6. 9

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. I think I’ll swap the tyres out for something more aligned with the bike’s purpose i.e. XC tyres. Yes, I bought the wrong tyres to start off with. Lesson learned.
  7. 9

Yeah, I was wondering what a 2nd set of wheels with different rotors would mean. I assume rotors and brake pads “mate up” over time and throwing in different wheels/rotors would mean different wear on the pads. Thinking I might need to leave it as is and get myself a graveller! (Oh, and a...
  8. 9

Yes, a second set would definitely need cassette and rotors. My idea is it would be a quick swap depending what riding I would do.
  9. 9

Yes, that was my mistake. Thought I needed some chunky tyres cause the XR2s are quite smooth in comparison (and fairly worn - been well used). But since I have them, want to keep them for when I get better and do more aggressive riding - surely they’d be better than the XR2s on the rough stuff.
  10. 9

Yes, that’s of course the other option. Shortly after buying the bike I realised that I “need” a dually with dropper post. I’m a single dad so no-one here to disagree with any of my purchases!
  11. 9

Still very much a beginner here Purchased a 2nd hand Trek x-caliber 9 a few months ago and in my eagerness swapped out the stock Bontrager XR2 tyres with a Minion DHF front and Aggressor rear. I find myself doing more XC / trail than aggressive riding and also using the bike for gravel rides...
  12. 9

Which sunglasses?

I saw a you tube review of them. Doesn’t mention the “youth” size and they seemed to fit the bloke so if you can’t cancel the order and they get delivered, they might be ok.
  13. 9

Which sunglasses?

let me know how they go. Don’t mind the price but fear they could be in the slim size for my fat head. https://www.oakley.com/en-au/product/W0OO9200
  14. 9

Which sunglasses?

Are these youth sized sunglasses? Oakley website seems to indicate they are???
  15. 9

Squirmy Tyres

Thanks mate. I’ll see what the kids are up to and hope to make it out there next weekend.