Recent content by adman

1. adman

Convert 12mm rear hub to bolt on 10mm

Hi. I have a banshee amp frame waiting to be built up... Looking to get nukeproof generators front and rear, but the amp is a 10mm bolt on axle and the generators are 135 x 12mm. Question is, will this axle converter do the trick...
  2. adman

Banshee amp / fox 831s - compatible?

Yeah, sorry that was a pretty crucial typo! Righto. Thanks for that.
  3. adman

Banshee amp / fox 831s - compatible?

Y'ello all. Possibly buying a banshee amp frame, and I'm lining up parts to go on it. Im looking at some second hand fox 831s. Problem is they have a 1.5" to 1.1/8" tapered steerer. On the banshee website it says the frame has a 1.25" integrated headset. Does this mean the forks are incompatible...
  4. adman

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

Calling an election would simply mean voting for the lesser of two evils... Sure, Julia Gillard isn't doing a good job at the moment, but if the Budgie smuggler was voted in things would be even worse in my opinion. I'm not expert, but in my simplified view on politics, it seems Tony Abbott...
  5. adman

DH Weight Weenies, Share your Secrets!!!

Soooo... to get a 5 or 6 speed, what exactly do you do? I'm a bit confused... but then again I don't understand derailleurs. My understanding is that you set the high and low screws to the thinner cassette. But then what happens with your shifter? It still has 9 clicks... so surely it's...
  6. adman

Adjusting the Intense M9

Ran the bike with the same settings I mentioned on page 1 for the super d this weekend. The track is a 20 minute killer with four 1 minute uphill climbs, the rest is gnarly fire trails and steep loose boulder fields. The M9 loved it! Pedalled like a boss up the hills (which nobody else...
  7. adman

Intense M9

I will have to give this a try... I'm not very happy with my MRP one.
  8. adman

Intense M9

HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! How did you get that E-13 to fit... I wanted one on mine but it wouldn't fit because it hit the swingarm... I've heard lots of other people have this issue too. What size frame is it? Looks very good though, M9s are the bomb.
  9. adman

Adjusting the Intense M9

Linear progression is the highest bolt setting as shown in the manual. I'm using a Fox RC4 shock with various springs, and feels sweet. As I said before, I think intense recommends about 50 lbs too much spring weight. I'd take their spring weight and take about 50 off that.
  10. adman

Adjusting the Intense M9

I started mine at Mt Buller with the following settings... Shock progression : Progressive Travel : 9.5 inches G3 Dropouts : Long Head angle : 1º slacker (63º) Spring : 400 lb Ti Rider weight : 75kg Firstly, progressive sucked. The bike felt like it had half the travel it should and...
  11. adman

DH Intense M9 FRO (finally complete!)

Ah sorry! Yeah it does look tacky. It's just a stock one that comes with the Truvativ Cranks but I'll probably get an E-13 chainring of some sort. Honestly, no idea. I'll weigh it when the spec list is final but I imagine it would be around 18 - 19kg?
  12. adman

I would have gone an E-13 like my sunday, but they don't fit on M9s. The swingarm hits the top guide of the LG1 so intense recommend MRP guides, which I've only ever heard good things about. So far from my 1 hour of riding it's been dead silent, and it's way simpler than the E-13, so I'm more...
  13. adman

It finally came! Bit of a story on page 1 with all the other pics, but here's the full build picture.
  14. adman

Eugene Smith - Hobart Nat's

jesus Ty... you might want to put a link to that buddy! Not all people want to see that.
  15. adman

Eugene Smith - Hobart Nat's

Firstly, Eugene has had operations on his head to release brain pressure. They've removed parts of his skull on either side in an attempt to do this. His condition was looking up from Monday onwards, but then looked worse as his brain continued to swell after fluid was extracted. Doctors said...