Recent content by adz

1. A

Training plan

Get a coach. Commit to working with them for 12months. Make sure they are happy to communicate with you and teach you all about the sport and still keep it fun. Don't just get a coach that offers a program and no contact. Have fun and good luck. Cheers Adz
  2. A

Training tips while building for my first 24 solo

Here is a link to 24 tips I came up with before last years worlds Happy Racing! Cheers Adz http://www.herodirt.com.au/race-reports/24-tips-for-racing-24-hours
  3. A

VIC 2014 InterWinter Series. 4 races 4 Clubs, May 4 / June 15 / July 13 / Aug 3

Can somebody please confirm that entries will be available on the day? Cheers Adz
  4. A

VIC Southern Exposure Surfcoast 100

....me too!
  5. A

VIC Southern Exposure Surfcoast 100

Hi my name is average rider Every second year i get a new MTB and pay between 3000 - 5000 bucks I also have a road bike that i paid between 3000 - 5000 bucks for...I turn this over every couple of years as well. My SPD shoes cost me 300+ My roady shoes cost??? My helmet same...
  6. A

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

I too am a Fox fan. So I took heaps of Time to set up the Monarch shock and front fork. I was super impressed with both the plushness and progressive feel of the rockshox gear on the Anthem. Am now a Rockshox fan as well:-)
  7. A

Giant Anthem X 29er - See first post for info

Just spent 6months on an Anthem Advanced 26...thought it was the best bike i would ever own. Picked up the 29er Advanced last week...two rides in HOLY SMOKE!!! its ridiculously good. How did they get it so plush????? To early to comment on the carbon wheels. Just that as a complete package...
  8. A

Single Speed Series - Vic

The series will be sponsored by bubble o bill ice creams. Dates will be advised in advance. Race locations will be emailed to those keen to race...the day before the race. None usual mountain bike locations will be used. Prizes will be given to those who smile a lot and positively affirm...
  9. A

Is it time for a serious SS nats?

As the thread birther I am more than happy to help organise where I can:-)
  10. A

Is it time for a serious SS nats?

This is by no means an attempt to bag out the SS Nats in its current format...love the fun style of it!! But is it time for a serious single speed nationals as well? Love to hear your thoughts!! Wasnt sure whether to post here or in single speed thread?
  11. A

2012 Olympics - current odds

Here's an interview with Dan McConnell http://rossburrage.com/2012/07/25/dan-mcconnell-2012-australian-mountain-bike-olympian/
  12. A

VES round 6- Blores Hill- GMTB

I can already hear the imaginary whinging :/ My perception is that most of the comments/feedback about race start times have been 1. Positive 2. Constructive I am not sure that the above comments maintains that tone.... Whatevs Perhaps the answer lies in the further the event...
  13. A

VIC 2012 INTERwinter Series . 4 races, 4 clubs. May 13, June 3rd, July 8th and August 8th

Hi Is there a website to look for details? Rego? Race time? Directions? How long do you estimate to get there from Geelong? Cheers Adz
  14. A

Forrest Festival 2012 - Offical Thread

Geelong and Portarligton half ironmans - 4.5hrs of fun = $290 entry fee Anaconda Lorne - 5.5hrs of fun $190entry fee Melbourne Ironman - 10+ hrs of fun $1000 entry fee 24hrs worlds $500 entry fee. Forrest Festival is cheap.