Recent content by alchemist

1. alchemist

NSW Sydney NCXS Rounds Aug 23rd & 24th

Just a little reminder that the final rounds of the National Cyclocross Series are on in Sydney next weekend, with round 6 at Terrey Hills on Saturday and the final round 7 at Sydney Park (St Peters) on Sunday. Still time to enter elite and the support races, see cyclocross events | The...
  2. alchemist

2014 Mountain bike world cup season

No need for any new restrictions, he shouldn't have been allowed to do it now. More training for course marshals maybe.
  3. alchemist

Tyres/pressures for AM/Enduro racing without flats?

Or start high & decrease by a few psi each run till you hit the rim, that way you'll end up with less dings in your rim. ;)
  4. alchemist

Farkers of days gone by

More tatts.
  5. alchemist

Mont 24 advice

That document is actually a federal government publication. All states and territories now have (with some very subtle differences) the same consumer protection laws which came into effect at the beginning of 2011.
  6. alchemist

Convict 100 on 3 weeks training

He's not coming off the couch, he's doing 100km a week, can do 100+km rides on the road (which except for about 15km of technical riding, this course is). If I was running 40km a week, knew I could run 20km, I think I'd be pretty confident of running a marathon.
  7. alchemist

Fixed CX, only 1 flat, 7:25:31 17th (and not last) in SS class. It hurt lots that year. The other years it hurt lots was the 2 years I raced the 50km. ^^^^^ This. Probably should point out I probably fit into the Podgy businessman category
  8. alchemist

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Hmm, seems I cant read things on my phone anymore. Correct years were 1135 & 1212.
  9. alchemist

Gah! The questions part is harder than the answers. Before the 1666 Great Fire of London, there were two other fires known as the Great Fire of London, name what year did either of these occurred.
  10. alchemist

dain2772 gets it. Cyprus is indeed a country.
  11. alchemist

It's a nice walk. Comes down a different descent.
  12. alchemist

Afghanistan begins with a vowel. SlowManiac got Kyrgystan (7) correct, Syria indeed has 3 Whoever gets the last one, gets the lot.