Recent content by apple

1. A

Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

Lake Mountain is in good shape, lots of storm damage sorted. We have a new FB public group page called 'Lake Mountain Trails'. Its a spot to get reports, add photos/stories, feedback for any of our tracks/trails; MTB, xc skiing, snowshoe, walking etc
  2. A

Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

For much of the past 2 weeks Lake Mountain has been hit hard by storms and the trails have been closed for the worst of it. Expect trees & fire damaged debris on the trails which will not be cleaned up in the short term due to white season preparations. I'd suggest come back in spring unless any...
  3. A

VIC Granite Grind @ Lake Mtn - Now 2015 on Sat. 21nd Feb

Arnolds Adventure 22nd Feb Mostly single track. As a minimum we will start from the top car park; over the summit on No.7, then turn onto the toboggan run at Snowy Hill (before the road crossing) then follow the new track until it rips down to Arnolds Gap (see big drop on Andrew's profile)...
  4. A

Lake Mountain Trail Modifications - OR - 'How to ruin an awesome trail'

Great that you are initiating this, we did have some volunteer assistance in 2011 with the Fat Tyre fairies for some rock gardens on the No 7 (ruins run) and they are bullet proof today(the rock gardens that is). We don't expect an army of help but just a few coordinated mates can take on a...
  5. A

It is one way, part of the eventual LM2M descent. Riding up the road or shuttles are the eventual plan. As it follows the strategic fire break on DEPI land we have approval with some constraints, A & B lines are possible/desirable provided they are 'natural' and realistic. Blue standard is the...
  6. A

LM2M trail I have just got approved a project plan to build this section; considered & realistic input is welcome. We start next week (after 2 years of negotiation)
  7. A

I've had a bad computer morning, time to hit the trails with the rackhoe
  8. A

Thanks for your interest Peter, sorry for the delay in a reply I have been away. Its a shame that we have not had more interest/feedback to get an indication of what style of trail your preference is before now. For the past couple of years ALL that we have heard is that our trails are too...
  9. A

Granite grind and what to expect.

Granite Grind race report Make that 4 Race report from the Murrindindi Bike Club web site The 2012 Granite Grind has come and gone and I reckon the best yet. The trail was in almost perfect shape, probably the only weekend of the year that there is dust at Lake Mountain but a small price to...
  10. A

GG photos Yes we have lots of photos but the expert is off for a few days, we should have a bunch on Facebook for free by Wednesday
  11. A

jump castle No,..... but only 25 average weight kids at a time On the topic of the race and the all important show bag....the usual stuff; drink bottle, water bottle, t-shirt, propaganda....yawn... Hang on the food ticket is still in and the chef has offered lots of fruit, more water...
  12. A

regrowth and rock Yes it is rockier, lots of flood events in the last year plus wear and tear. The post bushfire regrowth is just bouncing out of the ground. Brush cutting and general TLC is underway . Should be all buffed within the next week or so.
  13. A

grinding machine Lake mtn needs 2; good single track to be had ground out of the rock zones