Recent content by Arbuckle

1. A

Carbon Hardtail for mild stuff.

Flipped and flopped. The N+1 will be a shorter travel squishy. A bike for every occasion instead of trying to do double duty with one bike :)
  2. A

Yeh was thinking dropper post would be a good thing.
  3. A

I am an old bloke and haven't been on here for a few years. Sold my last MTB a few years back. Getting itchy to do some slightly more rough stuff than I feel comfortable with on my gravel bike. Thinking a Carbon Hardtail XC might be the go. Mainly roadside tracks on the Mornington Peninsula, of...
  4. A

Sold 2020 Norco Search XR A1 (700c) MED GRAVEL BIKE - SOLD

Sold - bought by me :)
  5. A

@treble An approximate weight would be good. Doing the hard tail test as my LBS owner is trying to convince me a light hard tail is good as a gravel bike, but not so sure. Taking his bike for a spin on some local gravel roads to try it out. But the price has me on difficult ground with the...
  6. A

Thanks Test riding a light hard tail Wednesday to see if it will do what I want in regards to gravel. If that doesn't prove to be what I want, will give you a yell. One more thing, the roadie part of me coming out here, have you weighed it? I lied, edit for another question :) I would be looking...
  7. A

Couple of questions 11 or 10 speed? 11-34? What crankset set teeth count? Still have stock seat post?
  8. A

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

That Merricks Rd track got me last week as well, blood everywhere :) Edit: I am old and bleed easy though!
  9. A

How long is a bike good for?

I am 62, only starting with MTB. Sorry to swear, but I race road with blokes in their 70's
  10. A

Old Roadie

Ok, bit slow :). Bright bike means they can find me in the bushes when I crash.
  11. A

Old Roadie

Do they have a reputation? Or is it like the cracks that are supposed to appear all over Cannondales? 18000 km on my Cannondale roadie with no cracks (despite a big crash).
  12. A

Old Roadie

Scott Spark 960, very Orange :)
  13. A

Old Roadie

Mornington Peninsula, Westernport side. Plenty of dirt tracks of varying degree and the Red Hill stuff is close.
  14. A

Old Roadie

Hey all. Old fart roadie, decided to play with MTB's as well. We old blokes never like to admit we are too old for anything :) Joined here to learn a bit about using my new toy. Ignore me while I lurk a bit and understand all this MTB stuff and how to ride on dirt. See how many bones I can...