Recent content by ashka

1. A

Help with sizing for a Santa Cruz V10

My brother is 6 foot and has a large v10 which fits him well
  2. A

Experiences with travel insurance and bikes - or general insurance for that matter?

Make sure you check your home contence insurance first as i'm with qbe and it covers my bike (and anything else ie;golf clubs) up to 10k anywhere in the world and that comes as standard with the policy. The only exclusion is if it gets damaged whilst racing. Worth asking just in case it is covered.
  3. A

Dirt Bike Jumping for my son

Hey first off welcome good to see parents taking an interest.I thought the following link to a thread for jump track in queanbeyan (nsw boarder not far from you) may be of interest to you as it looks like they are asking for expression of interest in the design plans and so on now alot of...
  4. A

Hayes 9 or Avid 3's

i'd stick with the hayes 9's no real gain in forking out for juicy 3's when the bike comes with 9's.the 9's are pretty good all round save your money and if you decide to upgrade then go with 7's or elixar's. That's what i would do have fun with the bike anyhow.
  5. A

661 Filter SPD Shoes or the 5/10

Not to sure about the 661's but can say the 5/10's are great can't go past them. The soles are very good you get sole marking but nothing much don't chunk out or anything like that. All in all there costly but well worth the money.
  6. A

Are you kidding?

Yeah the track is crazy the video doesn't do it justice (like most early dh stuff). I went there in January 05 to have a go at the track (what was left of it). three of us took our bikes up the top to have a go all the wooden stuff was gone but there was still hay bales and stuff around the...
  7. A

New GTR

They are the ducks nuts i saw a gunmetal grey one parked in one of my local streets the other day as i was driving past nearly sprained a neck muscle trying to look back at it very hot looking car however ...... My wife was like Oh wow that's great (sarcastic tone and all) They sure know how to...
  8. A

bicycle mechanics for people with two left hands

Hey i know you said Sydney south west but i went to an after hours course at chain reaction cycles in Cronulla (this was 10 years ago) and they covered all the content you were after in the course with the exception of disc brakes. But i would be pretty sure that if you have a regular bike shop...