Recent content by Asininedrivel

1. Asininedrivel

Little Things You Hate

I could use that as a segue to say something rude about Meridas, but that would be unkind. Like laughing at an ugly puppy. Seriously though wtf happened? I read something somewhere that he cracked the sads halfway through the stage, had no injuries or discomfort and his team is now confused and...
  2. Asininedrivel

Little Things You Hate

I do cold showers for most of the year (May - August in Melbourne is a no) but it's been a great habit for me to get into especially how slow I am in the mornings. It's not overly pleasant, but you're in and out very quickly and get a nice endorphin hit after as your body turbocharges itself...
  3. Asininedrivel

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

Just to unimaginatively reiterate thinks that have probably already been stated 47 times in this thread - it'd be nice if necessity didn't have to force our collective hand into action. But we all know that's not going to happen. Only collective of climate change induced disasters is going to...
  4. Asininedrivel

Newly Released Bikes General

The SB165 is the SB6 replacement so it would be against tradition if there wasn't a failed rear triangle or two on debut. Whatever, I'm LOVING the new clean, bare minimum decals finish. More brands should do it.
  5. Asininedrivel

Polygon Siskiu N9

I had to have a sniff around the internet to see what the N9s are going for..... that is a stupid amount of bike for the money. Also keen to see an actual review of one of these. Several years ago AMB did a longish term test of one of the early Polygons (one of the convoluted and really, really...
  6. Asininedrivel

VIC Pivot Mach 6 (see text for sizing)

Bump. Less price.
  7. Asininedrivel

2018 Ibis Ripmo

I had a (brief) go on a large and the standover felt incredibly low. Was an absolute rocket regardless.
  8. Asininedrivel

2018 Ibis Ripmo

I did wonder if that was your steed on the Summit Insta page.... What an absolutely perfect machine. Forks set at 130mm?
  9. Asininedrivel

2019 Enduro World Series

And I think that will be where the series will be the most interesting - watching Adam improve in his fitness and skills and (presumably) slowly work his way up the ranks. Then seeing just how much fucking effort it takes to get incrementally higher still - where will he be at the end of 2020...
  10. Asininedrivel

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Decided to spend a day at Lysterfield with my trusty 26" hardtail. Holy f*** it was fun. Hardtail is now default choice for that place.
  11. Asininedrivel

2019 Enduro World Series

What Moorey said. He does his talking behind the bars. Plus he was still more interesting to listen to than Adam in the episode they were both in. EDIT: also I forgot to add Eddie Masters to my previous list. I'll see myself out.
  12. Asininedrivel

2019 Enduro World Series

I struggle with this series. I love the concept and the support cast but the dude has the charisma of a Nissan Tiida. Some may think that's not important, but ask yourself which riders you like more and follow because they come across as really good value? (step forward Barelli, Winton, Brosnan...
  13. Asininedrivel

What tracks did you race at Harcourt?
  14. Asininedrivel

Rode Red Hill because it is the bestest. Weird results from yesterday's mild tsunami though. Fall Line fine, best conditions for riding Deadwoods I think I've ever ridden, Crits covered in standing water but no noticeable difference to grip (may not have been going fast enough) but Pins was...
  15. Asininedrivel

The 2020 Orange Alpine 6 is Totally Overhauled - But Looks Exactly the Same

And people complain that the current Nomad looks ugly? I don't understand anything any more. However if we're looking for hunchy nothing says "I'm going to hang a turd on your immaculate front lawn while the neighbours are watching" like a first gen Niner Jet9 carbon.