Recent content by Asininedrivel

1. Asininedrivel

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

See also late 1980s Ford Courier; badge engineered Mazda with a Mitsubishi Astron II engine in what's probably one of the weirder examples of tariff dodging attempts to up local production content (or something) at the time. Unladen would light up the rears on any form of unsealed surface. Only...
  2. Asininedrivel

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

It's cool, Trump's evangelical supporters dropped any pretence at Christian values a long time ago.
  3. Asininedrivel

The election thread - Two middle-late aged white men trying to be blokey and convincing..., same old shit, FFS.

That's just such a sweeping statement, both major parties have so much more to offer than that. You've omitted that the ALP also covet union hacks for their candidates while the Liberals are partial to dud lawyers. It's such a representative spectrum.
  4. Asininedrivel

The gaming thread

I've been trying to resist BeamNG, but the opportunity to destroy infinite numbers of VN Commodores is just too much.. I think I need a new gaming PC.
  5. Asininedrivel

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Just.... why? You said yourself you have an alternative route to work that takes you off main roads (albeit adds a little more time) and puts you at considerably less personal risk and absolutely less frustration and aggression. Why not do that?
  6. Asininedrivel

Electric Vehicles etc

Atto 3? I really liked the one we had for a weekend recently. Especially liked turning a tailgating Ranger into a tiny spec in the rear view mirror when the speed limit went from 40 to 90km/h. Seemed nicely put together too, even if parts of the interior looked a bit unusual. Girlfriend has...
  7. Asininedrivel

Newly Released Bikes General

ASR looks good - well actually I thought it was a Rocky Mountain at first but whatevs. Cushy XC bike sounds fun. Return of the green (spruce?) colour is nice: Also, new alloy Atherton looks hawt, better than the carbon / ti one imo.
  8. Asininedrivel

Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

He's done very well to avoid the criminal cases so far. Two of which (Georgia and Jan 6) he will get convicted for, given the State's witnesses against him. He should get done for the Documents case too except for having a work experience Judge who owes her entire career progression to him...
  9. Asininedrivel

AM Forbidden Dreadnought Pimp Spec

Some bias possible but that's insane. What weight spring did you go for on the shock?
  10. Asininedrivel

The last movie you've last watched last

Yep, the really annoying thing is the central story is quite good and has a pretty good twist (imo), it's just the way of telling it is so ridiculously convoluted you have nfi what's going on. It was a rushed production and it really shows unfortunately. Watch S3 - much slower pace, much closer...
  11. Asininedrivel

Ludicrously expensive bike stuff

$3500 cranks anyone? https://dsgproshop.com.au/products/5dev-titanium-cranks
  12. Asininedrivel

Ah right. Well taking photos with a potato phone helps, lack of detail hides all sorts of blemishes. I've found frameskin helps with handling errors and weirdly I haven't had any big offs on this bike. It's so stable I've usually had time to point it at some comfy vegetation if it all goes to...
  13. Asininedrivel

Electric Vehicles etc

Similar idea over here but if someone could put it into one of these please: Not sure we ever got the V1s in Oz?
  14. Asininedrivel

Heh, so I'd given the bike a clean prior to suspension servicing and that photo was taken halfway up the first climb. Don't worry it looks trashed now. Was 38 here yesterday, although it felt a lot cooler where I was (down by the coast) until about midday. Still sweated buckets though, final...
  15. Asininedrivel

Normally I'd stay home in weather like this, but it's not every day you get suspension back from Bike Jesus (Cyclinic) plus plus if you don't get heatstroke do you even ride bro. Cyclinic predictably delivered so bike felt superb.