Recent content by ausdb

1. ausdb

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Ok so I have a plunger but don't really like plunger coffee, so your saying get something like this to go on top...
  2. ausdb

Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Calling @pink poodle and anyone else, I'm after coffee brewing suggestions for a "tiny house" The gods of schools and local intake area's have not looked kindly upon my family and in order to appease them, I'm doing a tiny house experiment and moving from a real house into a unit for a while so...
  3. ausdb

Newly Released Suspension & Components General

Ahh the Blueliquid labs guy, I like his website. I was surprised he wasn't using any sort of cleaning solvent in the process.
  4. ausdb

No brake bite

Like @hellmansam says dual pivots, whilst not as good as discs you should still be able to stop confidently with your hands on the hoods with those. Kool stop inserts work well in the pad holders also the Ultegra ones.
  5. ausdb

Sold Marzocchi Z1, 120mm travel, 26inch Straight 1 1/8 steerer $100

Bugger, first day back at work and no time to waste on the burn and I miss these
  6. ausdb

New here, please be gentle

Welcome aboard @Oldelpaso epic thread drift is the order of the day here, but like others have said there's lots of good info if you can filter the background noise. I thought the reason @moorey had been so quiet was because he's secretly digging a tunnel a la great escape style so he can go...
  7. ausdb

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Absolutely covid tax FTW, cash in while you can ;) You should see some of the rusty pieces of crap kids bikes people are asking $100 for over in the west
  8. ausdb

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Yes but it's on point with the reduced offset trend just not very long and slack. They are good kids bikes, better than most of the rubbish around but that is an older model. Price wise current version is $600 so not so badly covd taxed.
  9. ausdb

The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Yes they are Aussie, pretty sure they were made in Adelaide. My very first "MTB" shaped object was a yellow Ricardo with thumb shifters, canti's and one of those smoky paint schemes so beloved of the 80's Best place to research them would be BNA forums Actually just go here Ricardo Appreciation...
  10. ausdb

Little Things You Hate

Yes that is sad, I was wondering how they managed to have a drone in the right place and right time to capture the failure until I read about the previous two failures. I'm waiting for AvE to give his take on the failure.
  11. ausdb

Bargain buys thread

Sorry I edited my post
  12. ausdb

Bargain buys thread

Both? Your wife must not be like mine then. I'd be told to be happy with a new hose and stop spending money on just bikes.
  13. ausdb

Bargain buys thread

@moorey that hose looks pretty manky. Is it new hose or new bike time?
  14. ausdb

The stupid questions thread.

I like to think it's a bit like the sorting hat out of Harry Potter, except that you never know when your wearing it and when it's going give an answer.
  15. ausdb

Bargain buys thread

Asking for the collective wisdom here, is this a good buy, Or can I do better?