Recent content by b_S

1. b_S

Farkin's Political compass: Where do you stand?

Is 4 years long enough? I am cleaning out some of my backups and came accross the results I recorded back then. Here are the numbers to be formatted and made useful (by someone with more spare time than me) I couldn't delete them without posting this... Name Social Political Ham -6.13...
  2. b_S

Farkers of days gone by

I miss everyone :o There are some great people on here and it's a shame to not be interacting with them... but I've taken my bs elsewhere. Working in the industry again so don't want to mix professional intentions with personal inanity.
  3. b_S

Farkers of days gone by

Oh hi, what's happening here?
  4. b_S

When pedals aren't pedals

2 piece cranks take no time to swap, and I'd be confident with constantly swapping Shimano units over as they're simple and idiotproof - probably less long term wear doing so than from changing pedals too. Press fit axles such as Truvativ wouldn't be that good to work on repeatedly though.
  5. b_S

Hottest 100 2009/10 - who'd you vote for?

I cast my vote by changing stations. I wish there was a -1 vote for the system.
  6. b_S

Klunkerz to show at Bike Film Festival in Sydney + Melbourne

Interesting reply, if it counts for anything your film was the best part of BFF that year - too much "bikes r awsum" hipster lifestyle bullshit screened otherwise, but it was great to have something that cut through the crap and showed a bunch of people having fun and enjoying themselves without...
  7. b_S

Performance Gains ... Cheaper Vs Higher priced roadies

You say that fit is a huge factor in performance, yet you base your judgement of bikes on other people's that you're only test riding for a brief period. :confused:
  8. b_S

The Fixie Thread

Or tits... :cool:
  9. b_S

I think my girlfriend is cheating on me....

I confronted my girlfriend about her possibly cheating on me. She promised me she wasn't and said she'd let me have a threesome to prove how much she likes me. I asked if I could choose both the women.
  10. b_S

Sydney Commute: Greenacre to City

Get outta my suburb *shakes fist*. Actually Louman I'll have to try your way from Concord West through to Ian Pde, I usually go all the way around the golf course on Majors Bay and Yaralla, old habits I guess... The roundabout at Harris/Lyons is precarious if you're sluggish up the hill, I do...
  11. b_S

STEEL cyclocross / commuter / touring

How tall are you? I have a La Cruz frame in "55cm" which actually measures up to be ~58cm top tube. Seller sold it to me assuring I'd fit, but no luck. I'm 173cm, it'd suit someone 180ish. PM me if you're interested, it's new (built, ridden once then stuck in the garage since) and selling...
  12. b_S

New 2011 XTR and 2011 X.O

About time X0 was redesigned. Will they offer colour options again? :cool:
  13. b_S

Triple J playing lady gaga...right now...

Simmons was the only reason I listened to TripleJ over summer. As he said one day, paraphrased... " so yeah robbo the truckie, thanks for calling in and saying we used to be better when we were Double J - if that's the case then maybe you're too old for this YOUTH NETWORK so fuck off over to...
  14. b_S

Sram Force cranks - pedal insert

Apparently it's happened to a few people, the pedal insert in carbon Sram Force cranks coming loose. Have you experienced it? And more importantly, does anyone have any comments about rebonding it? I'm fairly confident I'll be able to fix this, and if so will score a free crankset for it...
  15. b_S

Give Us Feed Back On Our Fixie!

Mongoose do an awesome coffee flask/holder combo on their commuter bikes. Maybe look in to a handlebar mounted version.