Recent content by beezlbub

1. B

TAS 170mm Reverb dropper (31.6mm)

Item: 170mm Reverb dropper post, with Wolftooth Sustain conversion kit (so post is cable actuated) Location: Hobart, prefer local pickup but will ship at your cost Item Condition: Used but good (read description) Reason for selling: Surplus to requirements Price and price conditions: $75 Extra...
  2. B

Experience with bike wash/degreaser and frame bearing life

Haha trust me, I avoid washing my bike like the plague normally so sounds like I now have even more justification for that! Yeah in the past I've only ever degreased with the drivetrain removed (mainly out of concern about paint damage), but the directions for the Krush degreaser specifically...
  3. B

Experience with bike wash/degreaser and frame bearing life

I'm interested in hearing any others experience with bike-specific bike wash or degreasers and a reduction in frame bearing life? In the past I've used MucOff bike wash and myself and some riding mates felt like it was leading to some fairly short bearing life, so we ditched it. This is the...
  4. B

TAS 26" 1 1/8 Fork - old, cheap and working or maybe even rigid?

Did you sort something Nathan? I have some old Marzocchi's that might fit the bill.
  5. B

Tasmania - the secrets unlocked...

Hey mate, a few other thoughts to throw in the mix... The Scottsdale pool is excellent for kids - it was re-done two years back and now has a couple of water slides and a splash zone type thing, plus a couple of different sized pools. And it's free. Well worth a couple of hours with the kids...
  6. B

TAS Fox Factory DPX2 (200x51mm) shock

Item: 2019 Fox Factory DPX2 200x51mm Location: Hobart, will post at your cost Item Condition: Excellent, few marks on the decals but shaft is mint and working perfectly when removed Reason for selling: Frame this was on was warrantied, new frame needed different size shock Price and price...
  7. B

TAS Aggressive steel hardtail frame (L or XL)

Item: Looking for an aggressive steel hardtail (such as a Norco Torrent) Location: Hobart but open to shipping from interstate Item condition: Doesn’t need to be perfect by any stretc.h Price: You tell me, less than retail Extra Info: In terms of sizing, I’m just over 6’1 (187cm), so generally...
  8. B

The discount code thread

Has anyone seen/received any Pushys general discount codes in recent times (the ones you can apply to anything, not a specific brand/product)? Last one I can find that I got was 12+ months back, guess rising costs are eating into the bottom line....
  9. B

Living without an ACL

I had a ACL reconstruction almost exactly 2yrs ago, following total rupture of it and near-total rupture of MCL after an I’ll-fated soccer comeback after many years (don’t ask me how many minutes I lasted in the first game, it was barely past single digits..). I did a shit tonne of research...
  10. B

Bargain buys thread

Funnily enough I’ve been lurking around Ali the last week and nearly pulled trigger on similar sets, but factor in shipping and GST (and no brakes as others have said, and that one actually has Deore cranks not XT) and it’s actually not much different to local. Then add unknown shipping time and...
  11. B

Bargain buys thread

Is it a bargain? Not sure, but at least it’s all in stock! https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/products/shimano-deore-xt-groupset?variant=41648226205741
  12. B

Brilliant Guardian piece..

I’ve got a good riding mate who said to me words to the effect (when discussing mental health benefits of riding bikes) that he rides his road bikes when he wants to concentrate on a problem to solve, and he rides his mtb when he wants to switch off from the world. It instantly clicked with me...
  13. B

Shipping costs and method for frame

Hmmm thanks all. It’s a steel hardtail, frame only so I’m thinking it can get down reasonable small in terms of overall package size and weight…
  14. B

Shipping costs and method for frame

Hi all, Anyone had recent experience shipping a frame only interstate and can share approx cost? Also what (aside I from the local collection aspect) is the advantage of a courier vs Auspost, as I understand the latter is cheaper? I assume it would be slower with AusPost, any other down side?
  15. B

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Has anyone actually had issues with Shimano stuff from Ali (as in non-genuine parts arriving)? Did a search of this thread and all seem to be positive experiences.. I’m looking for a new XT groupset (minus brakes) and nothing in stock locally (at least not without mix and matching from all over...