Recent content by Big Bad Bretty

1. B

Big Person Big Bike ?

Hi, 1'm 198cms and 110kgs and I ride a medium Specialized demo7 with 888's on the front and I don't have any problems with it being too small. My preference is also to roll roll my bars forward and also have a Thomson layback seat post. Hope this helps!
  2. B

B-Lines??

What's an a-line? I find every b-line possible and even a c-line if there is one. I've had enough broken bones from riding and racing that I don't really want to end up in the back of an ambo again. Still have to go to work on monday. B-lines rule ( if thats ok with everyone)
  3. B

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

Hi there. How old are you? 49 What state do you live? Northern beaches Sydney (Gods Country) NSW How long have you been riding? Got my first road bike in 1976 and first Mtb in 1994 (a Shogun Trailbreaker 2). Whats styles of riding do you do? Downhill How often do you ride? Lately...
  4. B

Is DH only for the younguns?

I started racing DH back, in 1994 when I was 33, and even then there were heaps of old farts racing. I've just started racing again this year, I'm now 49 and it is still as much fun now as it was back last century. I ride with my 15 year old son and his mates and they leave me for dead...
  5. B

Mt stromlo state series 2010

Thanks Corey, Better late than never. Were you also at Del Rio? Cheers Brett
  6. B

2010 NSW/ACT Rd 4

Thanks Steve, Maybe at the start of next season we can try it. See you at Del Rio.
  7. B

Bars rolled forward or back?

Hey guys, My two cents worth! I've been riding mountain bikes for 16 years and have always rolled my bars forward. It helps when your are 198cm and 105kgs and ride a medium sized demo 7. It opens up the cockpit and gives my legs more room. I also run a slightly longer stem at 65mm. My son...
  8. B

Ourimbah DH Track build day Sun 18th April

The new work looks awesome, can't wait to ride it this sunday. Hope the weather clears and we can race on sunday!
  9. B

2010 NSW/ACT Rd 4

hey Steve, I have to agree with Nicho on this one. As someone who has never raced on this track, I'm going to need all the time I can get to practice (and hopefully not crash this time). As another old fart in the "gentlemen's" category, and I use that term loosely, we can always do what we...
  10. B

Awaba 2010 state DH By NBT

Hi Neil, Have you got any more photos of me #552 crashing or not crashing, that would be ace! Could you please send them to bigbadbretty@hotmail.com. Thanks, Brett
  11. B

2010 DH round #2: Awaba

This was my first downhill race in ten years. Awesome fun, a few sections of the track were beyond my capabilities, but you do what you can do. No crashes in practice, but I had to crash on the last stepup at the finish. Still came second in the 50+ masters. A big thanks to HMBA and everyone who...