Recent content by Bigskiddy

1. B

Buller XC trail launch - woohoo!

Thanks for that info BLKFOZ, I now don't feel so bummed for cancelling my trip down there this week.
  2. B

Shimano M445 hydraulic brake clunk on 2011 Giant Talon 1

Yeah, did some troubleshooting at the LBS, put another wheel on it, still the same problem so it appears it's coming from the calipers. It's under warranty so they're going to sort it. Will update with the result.
  3. B

Shimano M445 hydraulic brake clunk on 2011 Giant Talon 1

When coming to a complete stop under full lock my son's Giant Talon makes a loud clunk noise, same sound as if you tapped the rear frame with a spanner. It makes this noise on both the front and rear. It's got Shimano M445 hydraulic w/6” centre-lock rotors on it. If there's anyone out there...
  4. B

2012 Reign - advice re chain drop stop

Thanks for the pics Wheels101. That looks like the best option.
  5. B

Is it annoying/noisy when you pedal?
  6. B

I've got a Reign 2 and recently I've been actually doing my downhill runs on the large ring and found I'm not dropping the chain anymore. It's probably due to putting more pressure on your rear derailer and keeping the chain tighter. I always found that the chain would jump off the middle...
  7. B

Adjustable Seat Posts

I'm tending towards getting the KS LEV (if I can find somewhere to buy it). Don't like the cable movement of the others. In regards to the manufacturers specified lengths when they give for example "Length / Travel - 385mm / 125mm" Can I assume that the fully extended length from the base of...
  8. B

Adjustable Seat Posts

You're right. Not much bling. Looks like it came off an office chair. mmmm now there's an idea, maybe I'll head to officeworks. Point taken about the remote. Was thinking more the lever to lessen the dramas, plus I've already got my hand of the bars switching the propedal.
  9. B

Adjustable Seat Posts

All seems so hard Was just given the approval to spend some $$$ on a dropper seat post. Was almost going to buy a Reverb but after reading this thread I'm a bit hesitant about parting with my cash. Excuse my ignorance but bloody hell how hard is it for someone to make a reliable post... I...
  10. B

Which one???

I've owned a 2012 Giant Reign 2 for about 11 months and have had no problems. Only regret is not spending that extra dough on the Reign 1... so wish I had that dropper post. But the black frame of the Reign 2 looks sick. I do give the rear suspension a hard time, regularly bottoming it out...
  11. B

NSW Downhill track at Mt Alexandria Reserve Mittagong?

I've got no idea in what's involved in legalising a track, but if you need any assistance let me know, especially when construction starts. It will be great when it's done, drop the kids at playground by the lake whilst dad does a couple of runs. Sweet...
  12. B

NSW Downhill track at Mt Alexandria Reserve Mittagong?

Does anyone have any info on the status of a downhill track at Mt Alexandria Reserve Mittagong? I've met a lot of people who say one is being built there but that's about it.
  13. B

Official kentlyn thread

From a source at Campbelltown Council, they were responsible for the destruction and didn't bother to remove it due to RFS burning off in a couple of weeks.
  14. B

07 marzocchi bombers

Try a tube spanner. Probably get a whole set for under $30 from an auto shop or even try your local $2 shop.
  15. B

hi complete noob here

G'day Peter, They're all okay bikes and will do the job, at the end of the day it does come down to the mighty $$$. Without reading your comment on the 99 Northshore I'd already reckon it was the dud of the bunch. Were you going to buy the bike off the net or get it through the bike shop...