Recent content by bikeyoulongtime

1. B

E Bike at Cross Country Endurance Event

calm your knickers down people; and go and read this again: https://www.pinkbike.com/news/history-and-deception-opinion.html Pedal activated motorbikes sure are fun, but so is... well.., anything with a few magic mushrooms in your belly. I've written heaps of essays about pedal powered...
  2. B

E Bike at Cross Country Endurance Event

^^^ I like this thinking. Philosophically speaking I'm going to shred shit out of everything while I'm relatively young and relatively strong, and accept that as I get older I may not be able to do some things as easily and spend more time in the whisky on the verandah phase, or climbing, or...
  3. B

301 liteville

Sweet! ...I guess with suspension - try it and see, and report findings :)
  4. B

301 liteville

kebab? litevilles can do a lot but I don't reckon I'd use mine to slice the juicy salmonella lamb of tastiness... should have got a 301 - wouldn't have needed the motor ;)
  5. B

301 liteville

welcome to motorburn! :llama: @Oddjob - new 301! Pictures!! is it a mk14? I'm about 105 kegs kitted and running ~220 pounds in the stock shock (mk11, so fox float) and one size up from the stock volume spacer - which seems to work for what I do (trail/AM, with an odd huck off the tall...
  6. B

301 liteville

I'm running XL mk11 with 650b rear. It'll fit a 2.35" vittoria, which is not much smaller than 2.5" maxxis. Go on, try the scaled size thing :) You have the fork already... My 301 is still in dry dock - waiting for me to rebuild my brake and stick a variospin in... soon!
  7. B

Should I get an e bike!?

http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/au/motorcycles just go the whole hog ;)
  8. B

- Banshee ▄█▀ █▀ █ ▀█▀ e - Bafang BBSHD

isn't the website being renamed to 'motorburn' or something?
  9. B

Formula 35 forks

No Skid Marks has it - Eightyonespices. Ask your friendly LBS to give them a yell. ...thanks, and very nearly went purple. Soon as I saw another build pic with them I regretted not making the loud choice. Next bike! Here's the machine with forks on, fresh from a run down short and sharp...
  10. B

Formula 35 forks

...a few edits with details in the top post :) HTH
  11. B

Formula 35 forks

About six weeks ago a pair of formula 35s landed on the front of my bike. So how are the 35s? Pretty fuss free. I pumped them up to about 25% sag, left all the settings at factory and went for a fang at Majura. For most people I think this is all that is required - just go ride! which is nice...
  12. B

Stromlo Upgrade approved

why not coffee snobs for the masses :) and yeah. set up just uphill and to the right of wattle happen (looking up) from the dirt jumps would be pretty rad - deck + view, able to watch the skilled folk send it to the stratosphere when they use the big jumps (yes, it's a-freakin-mazing to watch)...
  13. B

Stromlo Upgrade approved

I didn't compare.. just mentioned :) I lived in Hobart for about 5yrs. Soon after I first arrived I remember going to a party and someone asked 'isn't hobart the best place in the world?'. I thought for a bit and said 'no' because holy shit, if I could find a way to work revelstoke or la grave...
  14. B

Stromlo Upgrade approved

I actually like living in the berra, its one of two capital cities in Au I'd settle in, the other being hobart. But then, my life revolves around canberra's urban wild spaces with a young family in tow, and the city is some place other people go. Hence my disapproval of the planningfuhrers...
  15. B

Stromlo Upgrade approved

I think we need to seriously redefine 'progress' here. My definition is clearly different from the ACT government. The masterplan is more of the same old shite (IMO) - real progress would be to: - let the trees take stromlo back, so we can build more awesome trails! If we let it be, stromlo...