Recent content by billygoatsteel

1. B

Derby in Tassi

Hi all, just got back from Derby yesterday. It is still worth the trip in winter. Blue tier is a no go due to closure but the network around the township of Derby is open. My advice, bring warm gear, it was super cold up there. The rain was not much of an issue, once you gain height it drains...
  2. B

kid friendly trails in Tassie

Derby We have just got back from Derby. Kids aged 7 and 9 just did the complete loop of Dambuster and Atlas ponit to point, almost all technical terrain was ridden. They love the place. The problem with getting kids on the trails is less an issue of terrain and more an issue of equipment. We...
  3. B

kid friendly trails in Tassie

Hi Andy, Tassie is a fantastic place for mtbing. I would make the effort to get to Derby in the North East they have some amazing tracks and you can camp by the river effectively in the middle of town. When down in Hobart you can take the kids on the Pipe Line track, a beautiful trail that...
  4. B

Geelong or Hobart for living?

A Hobart perspective I grew up in Melbourne and visit usually every year. Have lived in Hobart of twenty years now and can say it is an amazing place to live if you ride. I live 10 minutes ride from Hobart town and 10 minutes ride from quality trails. I find new terrain all the time. The air is...
  5. B

What do your kids ride?

I confess, I have a bike problem My experience is as follows: 2 years old - balance bike (don't over instruct, let them just experiment - this is hard when you are keen as but pushing them will cost you 6 months). When they are going gang busters find a local remote control car club track and...
  6. B

Phil Liggett on MTBing and BMX as Olympic Sports

I'm disappointed by Ligget's comments, he does have a vested interest. In my mind having mtbing and bmx is a fantastic contribution to the olympics. However the TV coverage of mtbing over the years has been crap (road as well for that matter) and the courses are often uninspiring. Most of...
  7. B

Dents

What about somehow filling the tube in question with water and then freezing the frame?