Recent content by Binaural

1. Binaural

The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

Interested to hear what made you re-evaluate your views here. Is it something you can talk about in public? It has certainly caused us some problems, given that we work from time to time on Defence technologies.
  2. Binaural

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I am all legal now (except for a printed aux number plate, natch). Shame you can't sticky a post within a thread with a compilation of compliance requirements. Thanks for your help y'all, I eventually got towbars4u in Sydney to do mine for a reasonable price and good quality. Went for a Yakima...
  3. Binaural

Pub Trivia

Right you are! Over to you
  4. Binaural

Pub Trivia

Trump's uncle was, for real and true a great human being by all accounts. He was a high voltage engineer and invented quite a few useful things. Only member of the family worth a wet slap, though. Since nobody posted a follow up question, here's one: GPS is the best known GNSS Global...
  5. Binaural

Little Things You Love

Bike trials is awesome too.
  6. Binaural

Tallest MTB rider in the world

Bill Walton (ex Celtics centre) dabbles. He's 7'2 IIRC.
  7. Binaural

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

Hmmm, might be good advice. BTE look like they're Vic only, I'll try and find their equivalent in Sydney. Like the idea they come and go by the weekend to be honest :p
  8. Binaural

It is not a vehicle modification in the structural sense that would require a certificate - it's a bolt on substructure connected to a standard fitting for a given load rating. I just checked and luckily this exact scenario is covered - no certificate required for light vehicles as long as it's...
  9. Binaural

Has anyone installed their own towbar? I am trying to keep costs down at the moment, and I am looking at various kit options. Car is a 2016 Madza 6 sedan, for what it's worth. As far as I can see, the official towbar costs twice what a kit item does.
  10. Binaural

Has anyone serviced their own Shapeshifter? [Canyon]

I got it working again by luck, but didn't know that existed- thanks!
  11. Binaural

Has anyone serviced their own Shapeshifter? [Canyon]

So my shapeshifter has sadly settled into a funk, where riding will cause the spring to settle down to the DH mode. This is not ideal as I am riding mostly AM at the moment. It did get down to a low pressure so there may be a settling issue here. Has anyone serviced their shapeshifter unit?
  12. Binaural

Little Things You Love

Serviced bike, replaced slowly-failing cranks, replaced tyres, new grips and inner and outer cables. Everything is sooooo smooooooth, riding is practically therapy right now.
  13. Binaural

Plastic bags, climate change, renewable energy,

I noticed the same thing. I am currently writing a (R&D for high-tech manufacturing) grant application; there is basically never any requirement to substantiate claimed jobs created after the fact so long as the work is done on time. Government don't even want to know, I suspect - it's usually...
  14. Binaural

Little Things You Love

This, a thousand times this. One of the most satisfying things in life is going for my first ride after giving my bike its annual service. Everything silent, brakes working perfectly, bliss.