Recent content by Binaural

1. Binaural

Electric Vehicles etc

Reasonable points, but I was describing the perspective of somebody who has already decided they need to buy a car. Once a buying decision is made, the lack of a perfect option isn't going to stop anybody. But to be honest, the economy is the only decisive factor here - look at the chart below...
  2. Binaural

Trump.....

Bedtime for Bonzo is a classic, and I will defend it to the death. Sure, Reagan gets acted off the screen by his little chimpanzee friend, but he really put his heart into ti!
  3. Binaural

Little Things You Hate

Chin up! It's my observation that redundancies generally turn out for the best, upwards and onwards! Enjoy getting extra riding time in for a while :)
  4. Binaural

Electric Vehicles etc

Haakon is dead on with his comment that the only special thing about our market is the type of cars we prefer. It's not like other countries don't have bad roads or have particular cost points they prefer. People won't not buy cars because their most preferred alternative isn't available, they...
  5. Binaural

Electric Vehicles etc

Why would you keep a regional design team for a region where your profit margin depends on making as few modifications as possible? I mean, a team of 500 to tune vehicles will never make long-term sense. They will certainly start shutting that down once they think they're safe from a PR perspective.
  6. Binaural

Trump.....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-security-trump-erdogan/trump-warned-erdogan-in-an-october-9-letter-dont-be-a-tough-guy-idUSKBN1WV2PM For real, I have no words.
  7. Binaural

Trump.....

Imagine if Lindsey was a leading senator and in a position to do something about this? It would be so great if he could take action, it's a shame that the only power he has at his disposal is twitter.
  8. Binaural

Trump.....

This is what people don't understand about the American system - basically, the political fortunes of congresspeople are highly dependent on those of the president. The general public makes little distinction between the constitutional roles of senators or representatives, but the president gets...
  9. Binaural

Trump.....

https://theintercept.com/2019/10/07/kurds-syria-turkey-trump-betrayal/ Roughly, this is the 8th time this has happened - the Kurds are surely prepared. For all the pearl-clutching, it appears that if the yokel base isn't up in arms about it, Trump doesn't give a shit if the experts or...
  10. Binaural

The election thread - Will the new PM last a full term - who will you futilely vote for?

That is absolutely disgraceful, and also counterproductive. I've never found that trying to deliberately underpay led to anything other than frequently losing good people to places with reasonable (not even excessive) pay scales. Just revolting management ethics.
  11. Binaural

Little Things You Love

Riding behind some guy on my way into work in the Sydney CBD this morning. Some dozy type wanders out onto the bike path in front of him. I was expecting a bell, or maybe a "move please!" or something, but instead.... the guy played a clown music horn! I nearly died laughing.
  12. Binaural

What does your day look like?

The brewery walking circuit of Sauce, Grifter, Young Henry's and Wayward is low key one of the best days out in Sydney right now. There's even a little beer bus setup from about $1 to shuttle you between them...
  13. Binaural

Little Things You Love

The fairy penguins are best with a light dusting of 100s and 1000s
  14. Binaural

Little Things You Love

Get this in your life. https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/3/20847227/xkcd-randall-munroe-how-to-book-math-science-physics-interview-what-if-lava-moat-interview
  15. Binaural

Trump.....

Literally the only reason to do this is so he can claim client-attorney confidentiality if questioned, and help Trump avoid using a member of the US government to do his dirty work. The good news is that this derelict (Guiliani) has basically admitted to the major points of the narrative, and...