Recent content by Bjern Fita

1. Bjern Fita

whats your poison?

Ha ha, sweet! That's what I drank while I was at school, was always under-rated by my circle of mates.
  2. Bjern Fita

whats your poison?

I'm old enough to buy it but I've got no idea what a TED's is. Is it something not really seen in Victoria? Called something else up north? Relatively new? For me, beer, red and white wine and bacardi and coke. Bulmer's/Magner's over a stack of ice is awesome as well. Promised myself when...
  3. Bjern Fita

The VISTA question?!

Buying a new computer I'd grab vista on it. one of the cheapest ways to get it and it shouldn't have any hardware issues if you are buying from one of the big lappy makers. If I was sitting on a reasonably nice computer running XP well (and I am), I'd let all the other jokers upgrading out...
  4. Bjern Fita

Anyone sat for the GMAT?

No idea about the GAMSAT either but all these tests are sort of the same in that they grade you among others applying for a specific sort of university place. The GMAT is a score between 200 and 800, which supplements your application to attend postgraduate Management degrees such as an MBA...
  5. Bjern Fita

Anyone sat for the GMAT?

Just wondering if anyone out here on Farkin has sat the Graduate Management Admission Test? I'm working through the preparation texts at the moment looking to do the actual exam in lateish December. How'd people go? Did you find the texts (if you used them) useful? Did you get into the...
  6. Bjern Fita

Oh dear...

The Euros get the early posts in! I've been pretty drunk in the past but I don't think this would ever, ever sound like a good idea to try out myself. I would have laughed had I been there though, and cheered him on.
  7. Bjern Fita

Good Computer ? // AMD vs AMD LIVE! ? *Computer people help*

Whirlpool.net.au is a great site for info on just this sort of problem. Maybe have a good look at what they have to say about leasing as well. Personally, I just built the computer I'm using right now a few weeks ago. A week before I put it together I knew sweet FA about component...
  8. Bjern Fita

What is the Liberal government trying to do to our society?

Compulsory national service has its merits. Ever consider what the military would be like if the people in it didn't necessarily want to shot people? It's a simplistic view but I don't think the soldiers that were interviewed for Fahrenheit 9/11 were weighing up their options of which...
  9. Bjern Fita

In Need Of Help!

What was that one from American Pie, the 'Thunder Tongue'?
  10. Bjern Fita

Beer ads!

I was in NZ a couple of years ago with mates on a snowboard trip and they had an ad for some brand, Gold or X something, that ripped off the Matrix which was reasonably new at that time. The guys were in the white 'loading room' or whatever and when they say 'this room can provide anything we...
  11. Bjern Fita

Riding song?

Wish, Deep, Burn, WITTN, Mr Self-Destruct - Nine Inch Nails This is the New Shit, Reflecting God, Born Again, The Fight Song - Marilyn Manson Stigmata, So What, What About Us, Jesus Built My Hotrod, Bad Blood - Ministry Midlife Crisis, Gentle Art - Faith No More Space Lord, 3rd Eye - Monster...
  12. Bjern Fita

Riding in the wet...

I never bothered with waterproof pants when I commuted in the wet. I found the best bet for me was a pair of long, fitted cycling tights. No flapping around and I think, feel free to tell me I'm wrong, but when they soak up and retain a smidgeon of water, they act almost like a wetsuit and...
  13. Bjern Fita

dont ignore your body

Get professional advice! not cycling related but a lovely girl I used to date had recurring hip pain which she put down to too much callisthenics (sp). Went to the doctor to have it checked out and tests revealed cancer. You don't have to be super paranoid (I realise this discussion is...
  14. Bjern Fita

Something to nitpick about

sorry to jump in at such a late point but it's always so frustrating to see what could be an interesting debate go down the drain because of such 'hard-line' participants. By that I mean people taking the bible to be an all or nothing deal. I'm a little bit religious, I've really truely...
  15. Bjern Fita

Moving to Scandinavia...

Yeah the Social Security System is awesome. That outrageous unemployment benefit has been reduced from 3 to one year however, I think they are still plowing money into re-education and training though for people out of work. It's the government support that has made the decision to start a...