Recent content by Blingerific

1. B

Race timing systems - After some recommendations

CORC use the RaceResult system with the passive RFID chips. You can use the passive chips as many times as you wish, but for the cost of a pair of chips, it doesn't matter if get don't come back. For XC style races the system has been extremely reliable and the ability to have live online...
  2. B

Isaac's Ridge - Canberra

Hi All, So far we have had a really positive response from the ACT Govt and they understand and accept that DH is core to what we feel Isaacs needs to be. In that we're also working on some XC fun that will be a different challenge. The other local users have been supportive along the way...
  3. B

Majura Pines - Changed Access

Hi All, I had an email (reproduced below) from the contractor for the Majura Parkway. As of tomorrow, 02 September, they will be closing off the 'old' access area to Majura Pines to build the new road and car park. In the meantime there will be a new access point constructed from the...
  4. B

ACT SOLD Trek Superfly 100 AL in 17.5" (Medium) SOLD

I have a near new Trek Superfly 100 AL in 17.5" (Medium) for sale. This bike has done less than 30km and rides superbly, it just doesn't match my riding style (I have a 5" travel bike that is more suitable). RRP of $3000 so the asking price of $2100 is a bargain! Can post Aust wide for $150...
  5. B

Whats the funniest thing you have found on a trail?

I wasn't riding, but... At the World Solo Champs at Stromlo, it was stoopid o'clock in the morning and I was out checking the ABC climbs when there on the side of the fire trail I spotted a bike. Next to said bike was it's rider. Not neatly tucked up and comfortable while asleep but sprawled...
  6. B

Entries Open for 2011 24 Scott 24Hr - 8 & 9 October 2011 at Stromlo

That is not a legal shortcut and its use is cheating, I have had to deal with that several times in previous races. What you are talking about is nothing more than an erosion gully, it is not a legal part of the trail. Pity you didn't flick the details to the Commissar. Thanks! Mullet
  7. B

Though I do note that the course map at http://www.corc24hour.com.au/cms/uploads/news/scott%20course%20map%2027sep11.jpg actually shows you going down Western Wedgetail anyway. So um yeah, do what the maps says! The joys of being away for the last few weeks... Cheers! Mullet
  8. B

I rode the course today with the Course Director for this year's event. Rollercoaster is a bit too rutted to be useable, especially with the deep scallops below a few rock stepdowns/ledges, so you've all got a 'get out of Mullet's mess' free card and you'll be doing Western Wedgetail to Skyline...
  9. B

You will be doing Blackberry Climb to get to Slant 6 but you won't be doing either Heart Breaker (to Echidna Gap in Loop 3) or Blue Tongue/Little Seymore (unless Russ trumps me ;-). But Willo Link is in the Blue Lap. Though the idea of including Heartbreaker has some merit. I'll make sure...
  10. B

Gungahlin Dirt Jumps Sunday build session 7th August

Corner of Mirabei and Gundaroo Dr. Diagonally across from Mgnet Mart... Cheers! Mullet
  11. B

Sarah Booth's Crash. Is she ok?

It'd be good if you could keep us updated thanks Woody, pass on our best from the Defence MTB crew! Fingers crossed for a quick recovery! Thanks! Mullet
  12. B

Bruce Ridge ACT

How good was that shower? A lot was achieved today, a good number of willing participants showed up and put in. My hands are no longer yellow either ;) Cheers! Mullet Time to report to the couch and stay there me thinks...:eek:
  13. B

Trailbuilding tools and plant

If budget was not a concern... I'd just stick with a gang of 40 people with picks and shovels, people power has achieved some incredible things (Trans Rockies Railway anyone?). Machinery is useful and can achieve a lot but it leaves a footprint, your trail has to be as wide as the machine. On...
  14. B

National 24 solo champs in 2011?

Typical for this time of year, cold overnight and high teens/low twentys in the day. The forecast is looking really good for racing... http://d8.dt.sl.pt Dunno, Russ? I have found round ones work the best. Round rubber ones ever more gooderer ;)
  15. B

National 24 solo champs in 2011?

And as of today the track has been trimmed so no rude awakenings from face slapping tree branches :-) Seven dedicated souls showed up and smashed the list of work in a few hours, I didn't even have to organise a pizza run (trail builders food of choice ;-) So only a few days away now :-)...