Recent content by BLKFOZ

1. BLKFOZ

New e13 TRS Plus upgrade to 12spd for existing 11spd SRAM

11 speed E13 cassette is a piece of junk! I run one and wish I'd never paid the stupid $$$ I did for it. 2-3 rides after a strip and re-grease and it starts creaking again. The design of the 2 halves is incredibly poor. Top 3 lock on snug with a solid lock ring, next 8 are a block that just...
  2. BLKFOZ

Maxxis - is this normal?

GP4000 is what I usually run and get 4-5kkm out of. For less than $60 I rate them and run the reflective strip because a lot of my road riding is once the family go to bed. This one was definitely not a Continental tyre and cost more.
  3. BLKFOZ

Maxxis - is this normal?

I bought a road tyre from my local shop (who give me some support/minor sponsorship in a way so I won't name) and had it completely to the canvas all around in under 2000km. The rubber was literally peeling off. I usually get 4-5000km from the continental tyres I normally run. I took the bike in...
  4. BLKFOZ

Used XT 10 speed - fair price?

I wouldn't pay more than $100. I remember getting a XT 10 speed + derailleur for $65, cassette for around $60-80, shifters were $40odd, chains $19. 2nd stuff is unknown to buyer so you can't expect much.
  5. BLKFOZ

Gumtree buyers

I was the dodgy seeming bloke a few years back............ My best mate and his wife moved from NSW to QLD almost overnight after getting a mining job. My mate asked me to take some of his stuff out of his shed before their tenants moved in and sell it for him - there was a WR250 dirt bike, a...
  6. BLKFOZ

What frame size?

Both actually although reach wasn't too bad with the short stem. Dropper was pushed as far down as possible and was still slightly high, I had to drop 5mm-1cm to get it right.
  7. BLKFOZ

What frame size?

179cm, rode a 19.5 fuel ex for a few laps one day and a 3hr race the next and found it too big. 18.5 definitely.
  8. BLKFOZ

sunrace 11-50 cassette

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/sunrace-cassettes.308939/
  9. BLKFOZ

Oaks trail tomorrow

It should be fine. The main firetrail will be ridable even after decent rain. There will probably be puddles in the usual places through the singletrack but even that holds up to rain pretty well. Worse case you can leave the singletrack if it's too wet as it parallels the fireraod anyway.
  10. BLKFOZ

Post your Roadie

Trek Boone Picked up my new Boone during the week. It's a pretty strange build but what I was after. 9/46 e13 cassette with a 40 front ring. 32mm carbon wheels. I haven't decided on tyres yet. It will be used as both a road bike and for fireroad adventures so thinking somewhere around...
  11. BLKFOZ

Cyclocross - whats the deal

WSMTB Mum and Dad club, very beginner friendly but also draws some of the fastest riders in the state. 1 round I can be near the podium, the next I come close to getting lapped - when the fast kids turn up.
  12. BLKFOZ

Cyclocross - whats the deal

Our club just finished its 3 race CX series, with one race being a state round as well. I'm mainly in the club for the XC racing, both the 6 round XCO series and the 3 round 4hr series. The club offers some DH race and social days and have done slalom and 4X in the past - they don't offer...
  13. BLKFOZ

Lets talk about... Private Health Insurance.

We have no health cover. Over 30 and over 90k. I cop the medicare levi + the surcharge which works out to be somewhere around 1300 maybe? much cheaper than any health fund. I've had a few surgeries through public and had no dramas. Our son was born through public and it was great, we were...
  14. BLKFOZ

Parking @ Syd airport

We've used Blue Emu a few times - mainly when we had to take our own car seat and pram for the baby. Sometimes the shuttle bus is packed with airport staff, other times it's been dead quiet.
  15. BLKFOZ

Powerpod power meter, anyone got one?

I had a quick read through the info when I first saw them a few months ago. I was turned away by the fact that you input the road surface which I'm guessing is used to determine rolling resistance. The sandy tracks in the Blue Mountains here are much harder to ride through than loamy...