Recent content by bluesmurf

1. bluesmurf

Kindles

I have just brought my wife a sony e reader for her birthday, and one thing I learnt during researching my purchase is to buy one that supports e-Pub. It is the format that the libraries will be putting their books out on in the near future. As an aside the sony reader is pretty impressive...
  2. bluesmurf

Little Things You Love

Having a great song bouncing around in your head ( Jezabels Try Colour ) and then getting in the car to go somewhere and that song is playing on the radio as you start the car. :tickled_pink:
  3. bluesmurf

Little Things You Hate

Having to take my older daughter to hospital on Friday afternoon because she tried to jump and grab the 5th bar on the monkey bars and missed. Result, smashed her nose on the step of the other side of the monkey bars. We are not sure if her nose is broken or not, as the swelling was pretty huge...
  4. bluesmurf

Air Compressors

If you go to your LBS and ask for a presta valve adaptor, they are a little brass thing that screws on to your presta valve and enables you to use a schraeder pump fitting. They are about 4 or 5 bucks, if that
  5. bluesmurf

Thinking of buying this for my Daughters 7th birthday...

We have just bought my soon to be 7 year old daughter the 24 inch Giant Areva. 21 gears, suspension fork, and canti brakes. I spent just over an hour on a 7klm blue trail with her yestarday and she had a ball. There were a few minor stacks, one major one but she came up to me yesterday afternoon...
  6. bluesmurf

Help ! Seat Post Clamp Sizing?

the outer diameter of the seat post tube is what you need to measure.
  7. bluesmurf

Purple Ti Carbon Blut Lt

Have seen that bike in the flesh and it is insane. Have to say though that the pictures actually do the bike some justice:)
  8. bluesmurf

Little Things You Hate

At 3:50 in the interview Mia says fireman should get more accolades than Cadel. I'm a fireman and I ride a bike;) Does that mean Mia loves me in one instant and then hates me the next?
  9. bluesmurf

Wheel build issues.

Cheers shakes, after some more looking and talking to my mate we have worked out the sizes we need. I am going to get the spokes locally though as I would have to order enough to do two wheels if I get them from CRC.
  10. bluesmurf

Wheel build issues.

After having my rear wheel seize up and destroy my hub I need to order a new hub and spokes to rebuild the wheel. I am going to get this hub http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3987 and lace it to my existing rim which is a mavic XM317 disc. This is the calculator I...
  11. bluesmurf

Western Australia Trails??

Hey mate, there are a heap of trails here in Perth. Dwellingup has some of the best trails around but there are some great trails being built and upgraded closer to Perth too. http://www.mtbguidebook.com/ this book has just been released and is a pretty comprehensive guide to the trails here.
  12. bluesmurf

Sidi vs Shimano road shoes

I can't comment on the wide fit side of things but I have a pair of Sidi road shoes and they are the comfiest things ever. The shimano shoes just don't fit my feet, and the sidis, once broken in are superb. It is a personal choice but I can't reccomend the sidis highly enough.
  13. bluesmurf

Jersey designers/printers

+1 for these guys. http://www.champ-sys.com/ I am wearing there gear on the road bike ATM, a company I do some work for has had whole kit made up. Good quality, comfy and hard wearing too.
  14. bluesmurf

Little Things You Love

^^^^^^ I hate that!:(
  15. bluesmurf

The "250"

66, with lots I need to see. Will use list to cull the numbers:)