Recent content by bnoob

1. B

FS:On One 29er Rigid forks SOLD

Offset? Hey do you know what offset these are?
  2. B

QLD Sold

Hi. Do you have the model name for this?
  3. B

Old and angry: what pisses you off? The rants of ANGRY old men and women!

Clowns on the local trails treating trailbuilding volunteers with total disrespect. If there is a sign saying to walk your bike through a section because of trailcare in progress, then WALK your goddam BIKE!!
  4. B

Riding in Vietnam

As far as I am aware there is not much MTB "scene" over there (unlike Thailand and Cambodia, which do have a little). You certainly won't find any made berms or anything like that. Your tour sounds like an "offroad adventure" type of tour. I am guessing that what they call "hard" may not...
  5. B

Hello! Welcome! Who are you?

How old are you? 49 What state do you live?QLD (Bris) How long have you been riding? 7 years (should add that before the age of 36 I never owned a bicycle!) Whats styles of riding do you do? XC trundler. How often do you ride? Not as often as I'd like - once a week mostly Tell us...
  6. B

Arent you over it

Interesting thread. I know where some of you guys are coming from. It can be so hard to get organised and drag yourself out. That said, I almost never come back from a ride thinking "well that was no good". I agree on entering an event. Or you can just commit to a big ride...
  7. B

Riding in Vietnam

Depends on the ages and bike fitness of your family. If you are after pretty gentle family-friendly stuff, I have heard a number of good reports about bike tours of the Mekong Delta fishing villages south of HCMC. Flat, no traffic hassles, and fascinating things to see. I believe it's...
  8. B

How to: Post Bikes

Had a good experience with Transdirect when purchasing a bike from interstate (from a Rotorburner!). From memory it was only around the $100 mark. Quick with no problems.
  9. B

Bikepacking

Australian bikepacking bags Hi guys - wondering if you can help me... Somewhere on my perusals of the internet, I found a forum post (which may have been on Rotorburn or elsewhere) with a link to an Australian company (at least it was to a .com.au website) that had a very similar range of...
  10. B

Long time lurker saying hi.

Thanks Eyes. Up too late to go this time, but hopefully will catch one of those rides soon.
  11. B

FOUND I am sick of Pawn Shops with stolen bikes !!!!!!

If you do find your bike in a pawnshop (and can prove that it is yours) don't say anything to the staff about it being yours... say you want to buy it, pay them a deposit and say you will be back with the rest of the cash to pick it up. Then go get the cops. As long as you can prove it's...
  12. B

Long time lurker saying hi.

Decided to start posting. I ride socially in Brisbane - mostly Ironbark or Gap Creek. I ride a Scott Aspect duallie (silver one). My latest plan is building/buying a steel hardtail to go touring in SE Asia and hopefully carve some singletrack while I am there. Looking at Inbreds or Jamis...
  13. B

Clip in pedals ????

It falls with the SPD side up? Mine didn't. I'd be interested to know what model you have.