Recent content by Bohdimutt

1. B

Chain Reaction Cycles - Worth Checking your $$$

Good news, CRC have stated the change is due to the banks exchange rate and that the one displayed on the site is indicative. They do however recognise there was a problem with the initial transaction and have offered to a) refund 40 pound (subject to exchange rate) or b) 40 pound voucher. I...
  2. B

My Maths isn't great but $516-$494 = uhmmm isn't $60 ... Anywho Agreed, it's not $60, but add that $16 to the $40 difference that was refunded only 20seconds after the initial transaction, and it's pretty close. I don't have an issue with there being a discrepency between the 494 and the...
  3. B

Bastard 1st born of an Alias and an Anthem

Hopefully pic up the wheels from the LBS today or tomorrow. Just wish the bloody rain in Cairns would stop..
  4. B

Firstly, this isn't a bitch, I've been very happy with the quality and past service from CRC. This is just something for everyone to check. Last week I ordered my new wheelset, value $494 AUD or 307.96GB On the 22nd at 2.57pm $518,33 was taken from my credit account, 20 seconds later the...
  5. B

Bastard 1st born of an Alias and an Anthem

Finally Started life as an 07 Alias, completely stock apart from a Dice front hub & rim. Added an 09 Anthme X2 frame. Now:- 09 Anthem x2 frame, 2011 Rockshox Dual air 2010 XT brakes 2011 Sram 980 rear cassette + Sram 991 chain Xt crankset Blue Hope Pro 2 hubs, Mavic XM719 rims and...
  6. B

Hope Pro2 evo / Mavic XM719 disc wheelset.

Guy's have searched but hoping someone could give a bit more advice. I am looking at getting a set of these built but want to confirm they suit. Is rider weight an issue with Hope hubs (i'm 96kgs), secondly, what adantages are gained using DT comp spokes vs DT Champion spokes. They are going...
  7. B

Race Face Deus Cranks Creaking!

Are you getting any flex in the cranks. Mate just had to replace his due to excessive flex causing creaking. 06 model Race Face, with the two part centre shaft.
  8. B

Bike Tattoo????? Ideas

Or. For the hub enthusiast...
  9. B

Bike Tattoo????? Ideas

Try here. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=219553 My fav : or
  10. B

XC Forks

Just thought I'd throw in an up to date comment. I just upgraded from a 2006 Rockshox Dart 2 to a 2011 Reba dual air. I know anything would have been a marked improvement but at a weight saving of 800grms from the Dart 2's and a plushness which compares to my Queen ensemble I reckon they are...
  11. B

Amusing Bike related things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlYuc1jsxT8
  12. B

Portable Bike Stand for Year 12 MDP

How about one that fits into a standard tounge/receiver hitch. ATM, whether at home or out, I use my bike rack. Its the old style 3 bike clamp style and the only downside is it doesn't quite hold the bike still enough (probably because I use a cross bar, not clamped directly to the top tube)...
  13. B

What do your kids ride?

I must admit we just bought a generic BMX for monkey#1, since that time he's become far more interested in coming for 20 - 25kms rides with me so we are looking at the Giant series of 20" bikes for christmas. The question is 3speed internal hub, vs 6sp with a single up front vs full 18speed...