Recent content by brendan.hill

1. B

SCOTT 24 hour 2010

Maybe this is a dumb question, but if you don't have a team already how can you enter? Will there be some way of pairing soloists people up? I wanted to just rock up and enter by myself but i'm not sure how.
  2. B

2009 Anthem X2 vs 2010 Anthem X3

Just bought a brand new Anthem X2 2009 for $1650, brilliant deal. Nothing wrong with it, just clearing old stock. I figure - go for last year's model, you'll probably get better bang for your buck.
  3. B

Simpson Desert Bike Challenge thread.

Thanks for the explanation. Only just getting into it, so I'm not sure what interests me yet :p Just got a great deal on a brand new Giant Anthem X2, can't wait to get into training...
  4. B

Thanks for the tips. I'm interested in doing more rides. Buying a MTB is new to me, I'm still trying to work out what to get. What's the difference between XC and Enduro racing?
  5. B

Hi guys, I'm thinking of training up for the 2010 SDCC. I've done a lot of road trips, but I haven't ridden a MTB for about 10 years. What's a recommended MTB configuration for that sort of terrain, with a $2k budget? So far I've found: * Tubeless tires * Good quality front suspension...
  6. B

Simpson Desert Bike Challenge - training for 2010?

Gotta be able to climb a hill without puffing first :p Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. -Brendan
  7. B

Simpson Desert Bike Challenge - training for 2010?

I heard about the challenge just recently and thought, yes, this is exactly the sort of batsh*t insane thing I'd love to work towards, probably 2010. Not competitively, just to see how far I get. I've done a couple of easy 160km rides in the past, and I'm planning to do some one day rides over...