Recent content by brim

1. B

clip ins

Further nerd-alert.. UNSW are currently doing a safer cycling study, gathering data on riding incidents, crashes etc. I reported a crash in my cycling diary and got a call from them asking specifically if I was using cleats and if they were a factor in the crash. The crash was a big off in a...
  2. B

Old MTB mags free to good home...

Awaiting phone call from Unkle Feet...
  3. B

Old MTB mags free to good home...

Heya, I'm moving house and doing a cleanup. I've got about 40 MTB mags dating back to 03 ish. Mix of AMB, MBA, Freewheel, etc. Free to good home if you can pick them up from Stanmore tomorrow night. Any takers? cheers, David.
  4. B

Hernia op re-hab riding advice?

I had keyhole surgery 3.5 weeks ago, the doc's said no lifting for 2 weeks, no exercise for 3 weeks. They found 4 hernia's in me. Recovery week 1 - pretty slow on my feet, getting up and down was pretty sore. Not much real pain tho - hardly even had pain killers. Week 2 back at work, a...
  5. B

Ourimbah State Round Pics and a vid...

That crash was on my last practice run, just before the race on Sunday - just my luck. No beers forthcoming - all I got was a good laughing at!
  6. B

Ourimbah State Round Pics and a vid...

ah ha - that's me (2nd rider) in the vid. Thank god for my body armour! most amusing.
  7. B

who rides a gemini?

hey, i have to agree with the previous posts to say yes, a gemini is an awesome allround bike. Very verstile. i've got a 900, with 7in shermans, 4 way swinger, I go DH/freeriding with the lads on it, then just swap to a fast rolling tyre to go trail riding with my girlfriend. For a 7 inch...
  8. B

Ourimbah Club Race 26-06-05

Hi all, I'm interested in entering this race but haven't ever been to a DH race before. Can someone pls give me the heads up on what is required for entry? I assume FFace helmet, armour (+bike) and entry fee is required but do you need to be a member of any club to enter a race...
  9. B

DH full faced helmet

Don't wait, order OS. I had the same prob earlier this year....the oz dealer seems to be a bit slow on things. I couldn't wait either so I ordered from JensonUSA and had my D2 delivered in less than a week! (and a bit cheaper than retail here too). Totally stoked with it, fits (me) better...
  10. B

Thredbo - all you need to know

Just spent the weekend down there too. The lower part of the track has recently been changed as Thredbo are moving a lift tower (or something). As you head across after Magnetic Rock, you take a left alongside the trees intead of heading through the trees to the "Tower 10 Switchbacks". This...
  11. B

So who are you?

Hi I'm new on here, so this is me Name: Dave Breen Age: 27 Location: Camperdown, Sydney Ride: Gemini Likes: Snowboarding, Music Dislikes: There's this bloke I work with who shits me to tears Favourite Food: Is ice a food? I so, I love ice. I pour a drink just so I can munch the ice..