Recent content by Bushranger

1. B

Giant 2014 Range!!!

I'd throw Norco Sight Killer B into the mix. I looked at it before checking reality and getting the revolver 1 (hasn't arrived yet). But I was impressed with the Norco range this year. http://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain/trail/sight-killer-b/
  2. B

Professionalism, or Cheating?

It already exists - it is what everone else competes in. These races would not exist without the "master/age groupers/veterans" etc... They are the reason for the race, the elite would be riding to no crowd for no money if the bank roll wasn't there from eveyone else. Some elites get...
  3. B

In summary Yes they cheated. Yes it is a cheating act to do when you are in a different race. They know they cheated. Give themselves an upper cut, grow some courage and race fair and square next time.
  4. B

JetBlack 24 Hour Sydney 2012

oh yeah, and I thought there was very little rubbish/litter on the track too, that's great. The triathletes must stay away from this event! :):)
  5. B

yeah fair enough re the water, it was hard to manage and predict. I pulled up for long break in middle of afternoon due to the heat after i stopped to help someone that was in a bad way, then after i rode for a while (after first aid arrived) I got the chills you mentioned and took that as a...
  6. B

Fantastic event The Track: A+++++++++ The Organisation: A++ The Vibe: A++ Just a brilliant weekend. The new event headquarters with the chicane style finish to each lap was brillliant. I wouldn't change a thing on the new course. As a 24 solo rider, the human interaction at the finish...
  7. B

I don't know how the fling got brought into it sorry about that if it's not the race in question.
  8. B

Ah yes, but I bet they started the stage with you, and rode to that point and NOT started earlier, went up the road, had a rest and refuel and waited, or drove up the road, then got out and started riding etc. the initial example given in this case was a rider who was not as fatigued as the...
  9. B

Does MTBA who sanction the event have any rules? (I know some events are not sanctioned by them. Regardless of explicit rules - there is no defence to the blatant poor sportsmanship of having someone who isn't in the same category, who hasn't had to endure the same fatigue to be placed in the...
  10. B

That is all well and good. Because in that situation everyone starts at the same time, and to it's overt and within rules. But put it this way - are they allowed to have riders join their race mid way through to help them? E.g. it's a 100km race, and you are permitted to have a rider...
  11. B

Cool! Last years course was/is a cracker, it's the main reason I'm coming back for more, no intent to ride full 24 hours, just want lots of time on the trail to enjoy! :)
  12. B

Yeah that is my point - that is the B Trail. I can't find anything other than a generic map showing the entire trail network as to what this weekends route will be? Despite references I can't find the actual "A Trial". It's no big deal, just funny that they went to all that length to...
  13. B

Trail Map I can find a map of the B track on the website, but no map of the planned course? Anyone know where it is hidden?
  14. B

29er Tyre Thread

someone somewhere recommended me maxxis crossmarks for such a task.
  15. B

29er Tyre Thread

Under Pressure! What pressure are folks running these days? I've been experirmenting. I've got Racing Ralph 2.25's. Total bike + Rider 90kgs at the moment (that has to change!) 25 PSI front and rear no problems. This week trying to go down to around 22 to 23 (guage halfway between 20...