Recent content by Capt.Gumby

1. C

Sold Sold

Sold thanks folks.
  2. C

Sold Sold

Item: Carbon XO Cranks 175mm with 11 speed 30t chain ring and GXP bottom bracket Condition: Usual wear on arms. Bottom bracket is six months old and bearings are good. Reason for selling: Went DUB 165mm cranks Location: Melb VIC Price: $120 for the cranks with chain ring and GXP bottom bracket...
  3. C

DUB question....

Thanks folks.
  4. C

DUB question....

Im currently running GXP non boost cranks..... Can I install a DUB external thread bottom bracket and DUB crankset? Cheers
  5. C

Canyon Torque too much or Spectral too little?

You will love the Torque. Bought the Carbon frame set early this year and haven't looked back. For a long travel bike it pedals uphill really well, you wont break any XC records but it will get you there. Im running 11 speed and was worried with the geo, travel etc I would struggle getting up...
  6. C

Returning to MTB - Advice on Bike Purchase

Look at online as well. Cheaper options again, have a look at Canyon and YT
  7. C

Sold Sold, Thanks

Sold, Thanks folks
  8. C

Sold Sold, Thanks

Item: Deity Black Label 800 Bars 25mm rise and Deity Copper head stem 50mm x 31.8 1 1/8 Stem specifications: https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/deity-copperhead-stem Bar specifications: https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/deity-black-label-800-alloy-handlebar Location: Melb Item...
  9. C

Fox 5-piece polymer DU shock bushings on Monarch?

The gains from installing the needle bearings were not enough for me to pursue it again with my new bike. To be honest, I not a good enough rider to do it any justice anyway..... I am one of those types that love to tinker with my set ups, that if I thought it could make a difference, I would...
  10. C

Fox 5-piece polymer DU shock bushings on Monarch?

Have you looked at installing needle roller bearings instead? Really easy to install and my shock spun around like a set of brand new wheels!!!! I had installed a set on my lower eye on my Monarch for my Trek Slash, sourced them from DIYMTB. https://www.diymtb.com.au/displayItems.asp?cid=46 I...
  11. C

Post your all mountain bike

I prefer DH and Enduro style riding and this is perfect. I am surprised how well it pedals given its geometry and travel but there is nothing I havent been able to climb so far at my now new local track, the You Yangs! As I only bought the frame set and built up using components off my previous...
  12. C

To be honest, it climbs better than I thought it would. Certainly wont set any xc records but that's not what I got it for. I only climb so I can come down and this is a beast. Got a PB on the Cressy track at the You Yangs today!!
  13. C

My new Canyon Torque.... 180mm front and 175mm rear travel...... love it!
  14. C

Sold SOLD

Sold, thanks folks
  15. C

Sold SOLD

Payment Pending