Recent content by Captain Kirk

1. Captain Kirk

Santa Cruz Tallboy LTa & LTc - 135mm carbon/alloy trail 29er

Nice one :) How much if you dont mind ?
  2. Captain Kirk

Yeti Asr7 frame and fork - what's it worth

All my mates are riding El Guappos, they may have 6 inches but they out climb those long legged 7's every weekend :)
  3. Captain Kirk

Singletrack Mind Awaba 18th December Pairs

Singletrack Mind series, Awaba round, Pairs We cannot the make the reschedule to 18 December. Selling at cost. Call Angus 0418 542 611
  4. Captain Kirk

Change 24hr Racing (Start time)? NOW WITH POLL!

Great post. I will admit when I saw the Rockstar tweet (not having seen any postings on RB), my immediate gut reaction was this represented what I had felt and been niggling at me all the weekend. I feel it is the symptom of the Scott being trend setter, a function of its age and stages of...
  5. Captain Kirk

Jongewaard wins Aus XC champs despite protest - what happened?

For those who thought the thread was storm in tea cup, here is 100 gallons of perspective.
  6. Captain Kirk

We all have a opinion, based on race experience, whose ridden what track, and for some reason how it effects the outcome - rules apply equally to all competitors ? The video quote of the Commissaire, who has all the facts unlike any of us makes the most telling comment, "we want to send a...
  7. Captain Kirk

JBlood regains Australian XC Title

Full resullts and lap times, http://www.nationalseries.com.au/cms/uploads/events/results_adelfeb11_xcowave4_r1.pdf
  8. Captain Kirk

As a UCI ranked/sanctioned event and this is a official protest, the protest and details should be publicly available. Having a look at MTBA site and cannot see anything, may require a request to be lodged.
  9. Captain Kirk

NSW Enduro Series - Singletrack Mind

Yes shocking, and it ruins all the effort/enjoyment built over the course of the series and the year.....what a waste. It's strange because it seems like a inconsistent behaviour by CF, after such a well run series. Maybe they were blindsided on the day by their own in attention to detail...
  10. Captain Kirk

SCOTT 24 hour 2010

Thanks, do you have a GPS trace of the Scott course? Cheers.
  11. Captain Kirk

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

Thanks for posting, especially in all formats. Can I ask favour, even thought is the solo thread - do you have the 'teams or 24hr 'course too? Thanks.
  12. Captain Kirk

Jet Black 12 hours

Helmet Cam Start Lap Here's some raw footage of the start lap on a helmet cam we were given to test. Only low res, but we get to see the Yeti CX dismount and the dozen riders go orienteering on that wrong turn :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enR7bC_-q1k
  13. Captain Kirk

Jet Black 12 hours

Here is the famous Yeti on the start lap, going for the full dismount as those pesky mountains bikes clogged the climb. Captured by a Belgium Phototag (helmet cam on team mate).
  14. Captain Kirk

2011 Giant performance bikes

...or the Anthem frameset that was in last years Cat', but they would not supply it for 'marketing reasons".....
  15. Captain Kirk

2011 Giant performance bikes

Thanks Mate, well Done !