Recent content by captainmorgan

1. captainmorgan

Share you ideas for new MTB trails at Anglesea

Last year the Alcoa mine at Anglesea (near Geelong) closed. There is now a website set up for people to submit ideas with what to do with that land. It would be great to get as many "Mountain bike trails" submissions as possible...
  2. captainmorgan

VIC Shimano XT bleed screw

Item: Shimano XT bleed screw Location: Melbourne Price range/Willing to Pay: $5 including postage Extra Info: Does anyone have a spare XT bleed screw laying around, or know where I can get one? See attachment (circled in red).
  3. captainmorgan

Eumeralla Track Proposal (Anglesea)

I don't think this has been posted yet on here. For anyone that ever rides the trails at Anglesea, or is thinking about riding them, can you take a minute to have a look at the proposal and respond to Parks...
  4. captainmorgan

VIC Sold

Item: Crank Brothers Kronolog dropper seatpost Location: Warrandyte Item Condition: Used, but still good Reason for selling: Getting a reverb Price and price conditions: $150 Extra Info: Size is 30.9 x 405mm. I've just had this serviced by Bikesportz. Pictures: See attahced image
  5. captainmorgan

Fixing Crank Bros Kronolog seatpost

Mine came on a new bike that I bought about 13 months ago. Looks like the best I can expect is for it to be warrantied, in which case it'll go onto Ebay and I'll get a reverb.
  6. captainmorgan

When you say quill, you mean the long shaft of the seatpost that is supposed to have some knurling on the back and it's now smooth?
  7. captainmorgan

I've had a crank bros kronolog seatpost for just over a year now and it's started to slip when I'm sitting on it and I hit a bump. Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this problem. I don't plan on getting another seatpost either.
  8. captainmorgan

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Not sure if this has been posted before, but has anyone tried this setup? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trustfire-12000Lm-7x-CREE-XM-L2-LED-Head-Front-Bicycle-Lamp-bike-Light-Headlamp-/251480245890?pt=AU_Bicycle_Accessorries&hash=item3a8d640682&_uhb=1
  9. captainmorgan

Reccomendations for Android app that can navigate based on an imported GPX file?

Osmand is the best I've found https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.osmand
  10. captainmorgan

Polygon bikes

I got the AX3.0 in December. Awesome bike. I went along to one of their test ride days first, mainly to see if I like the feel of an all mountain bike. If you are buying new, then I don't think I'd bother looking at anything else. They ride and work well and the components are generally a step...
  11. captainmorgan

All mountain bike

I'm no longer looking for a bike. I got a new Polygon Collosus AX3.0
  12. captainmorgan

Help me find a bike

After months looking and waiting for a used bike to pop up (which didn't happen), I decided to buy a new Polygon Collosus AX3.0. Best value for money. It's an awesome bike and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an all mountain bike.
  13. captainmorgan

What size downhill bike should I get?

I think it comes down to personal preference. I'm 6 foot and have always ridden small or medium DH bikes as I prefer the feel of them. You don't need to worry as much for sizing on a DH bike, like you would on a XC bike. You'd be fine on a medium.
  14. captainmorgan

Rear derailleur hard to shift into low gear - tip

Try installing a new inner cable.