Recent content by Cardy George

1. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

CORRECT! And living in a town on the border it's really easy to tell who was taught to drive in NSW :p
  2. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

Only if you indicate like a NSW person. WTF is up with that? Indicate left to go left, but also straight? Indicate right, then left to exit? OK, that makes some sense, but only on big roundabouts. How about just concentrating on driving not making disco lights?
  3. Cardy George

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Can't say I've ever experienced a day down there that wasn't windy or wet. Did a Tour Down Under participation ride from Strath to down there somewhere and the stretch into Goolwa was pure torture
  4. Cardy George

Second Hand Bike Recommendation

Dunno if this will help, it's from 2021 so thing have moved on even more https://m.pinkbike.com/news/throwback-thursday-how-much-has-geometry-changed-in-the-past-10-years.html You might find a "trail" version of an "xc" bike normally has around 120mm, will be closer geometry to what your used...
  5. Cardy George

You laugh you lose

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5QxSADul7q/?igsh=MWMza3lwcG8zNm1kOA==
  6. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

In all seriousness though, I don't know who wrote our vehicle policy, or even know if we have one. There's a massive push to cut costs, so I'm sure if they could provide the capability with a lower cost they'd be all over it.
  7. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

We rent them from Orix, who have their own safety standards that only "modern" utes can provide, so that's all they can provide us. Apparently. Better than our US office. Anything smaller than a Ram would be laughed at and sent back.
  8. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

I do utilise the 4wd capabilities for work, but I knocked one of those monsters back. Everyone was like "WTF, why?" but they don't have to live in the fucker. Motel carparks aren't huge, the Hilux isn't a tea-totaller as it is, and Almond rows that I drive down semi-regularly aren't that wide...
  9. Cardy George

I last looked a couple of weeks ago and they were saying low 20s. Mrs George got a bit of a shock when she looked this morning and saw high-teens!
  10. Cardy George

Electric Vehicles etc

It's only a deathtrap if you're the one getting hit by it! We had to take the trailer out to the bike club this weekend. I must be a fucking saint because not only did I put my trailer on, I had to take it off when we got there, go get the club trailer, put it on and then do the whole thing in...
  11. Cardy George

Correct! Apparently these are the core of what they do https://www.carbon-ti.com/products/chainrings/x-singlecarbon These are on the wish list, but at $300 per rotor they can stay there https://www.carbon-ti.com/products/brake-disk-and-bolt-kits/x-rotor-steel-carbon-3/x-rotor-steelcarbon-3-180
  12. Cardy George

I think @silentbutdeadly summed it up nicely. After the 12hr in 2021 I said I'd come back for a 24. Then they cancelled '22, and I'd just started chasing tractors in '23. It's been 3 years in the making. You coming too?
  13. Cardy George

Same type of day up north. Was a bit chilly before the sun cracked the horizon, but it turned in to a glorious day. First Round of the Winter Series. First go at using the timing system. 6km time trial and a 10km time trial. First time losing a 6yo kid on track. He wasn't lost, but we had lost...
  14. Cardy George

ACT CORC 24 Hour

Which one's are you doing? I'm curious to know what other events there are and if I can wrangle a way to get to them.
  15. Cardy George

Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Yep, share your pain. Tractors aren't too bad, but all of the other harvest machinery for almonds have cabins that are only just big enough for a human to fit. You should see some of the Labour Hire Islanders try and stuff themselves in :oops: