Recent content by Chamelion

1. Chamelion

Are "Pedal" OK?

Fluid daytona... crap forks, crap geometry, crap build quality. I'd avoid it.
  2. Chamelion

Bargain buys thread

Im closer to a 44, but I have to upsize in length to get the width. I just usually have to compromise a bit further (47s, which end up way too long)
  3. Chamelion

Bargain buys thread

https://www.pushys.com.au/shimano-gr501-flat-pedal-shoes-black-266252-0.html Paid $130 for a pair then got home and saw this... woops... so did the only sane thing and bought two more pairs. Haven't owned them before.. but they fit my 6E width feet really well and the grip increase over my old...
  4. Chamelion

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

especially not with all the scalpers
  5. Chamelion

Are more speeds better?

As someone with 12sp on an E bike, I absolutely agree. Lowest gear and in boost I could climb absolutely anything until such a steepness that I tip over backward.... and there would be 0 effort involved. I dont understand why they bothered beside the ability to sell more expensive bikes.
  6. Chamelion

Newly Released eBikes and eComponents General

Mine is 24kg.. if anything it feels better, more planted.
  7. Chamelion

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Gave it its first two stacks :D
  8. Chamelion

What made you decide to e-bike?

They're all pedal assist and I think all of them allow you to choose different modes... Mine, with the EP8 motor allows me to fully customers 2x 3 lots of settings. Max power, torque and how quickly the assistance starts upon a pedal stroke are all customisable. You can tailor the assistance to...
  9. Chamelion

As someone fairly new to modern mountain biking, what makes a gravel bike, with rigid or very short travel forks more suitable for fire roads/gravel, than a normal hard tail mountain bike with 100mm XC forks?
  10. Chamelion

What made you decide to e-bike?

Just got one a few days ago mate.. Having been through cancer, twice, and most recently chemo, I was unable to ride my bike for any sort of meaningful amount of time or distance. 30 minutes, even walking up hills, I was stuffed.. not just for that moment, but for the next 24 hours. The ebike...
  11. Chamelion

I absolutely LOVE IT! I'm so happy. 2021 (2022?) Merida E160 700. I was struggling to ride my conventional bike for more than 30 minutes due to chemo.... today I rode this thing 15km, largely in ECO mode and after a full night without sleep (was out fishing all night). I still got excercise...
  12. Chamelion

Sold it... cant ride it, too exhausted and too little strength. If I can save up for an Ebike I'll get an ebike until my strength returns... if I can't save that much and my strength returns beforehand then I wanted a bike with a bit more travel anyway.
  13. Chamelion

something id dearly love, but unfortunately im stone broke and due to having to miss a lot of work, im going to be stone ass broke for a while longer.
  14. Chamelion

I saved my bike from being sold... I had a good offer, but I declined as I couldn't let her go, even though im far too buggered from chemo to ride her for more than 30 minutes. Id love an ebike, but itd take me a number of months to save up I think, even if I did sell her.
  15. Chamelion

Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

hahaha i messaged the bloke about that one as I couldnt believe the price... he said that he doesnt want to sell it. maybe his wife told him he has to list it?