Recent content by chidsmtnbikr

1. C

Aftermarket levers for avid elixir 5s? cant find anything

Hi everyone, cant seem to find anyone who does aftermarket levers for new elixirs, currently I have a set of straightlines on my code 5s and there great but just bought elixir 5s for another bike, it seems impossible to find a set anywhere and when I come across a set they say there...
  2. C

30.9 seatpost (black)

Item: 30.9 seatpost Location: perth Item Condition: resonably good not bent or to many scratches. Price and price conditions: give me a price, i have $50 to spend. Extra Info: must be a inline post, longer then 300mm, and black. cheers.
  3. C

Chain slip / Gear slip

sticky link in the chain maybe, i was also thinking if the teeth are worn on the casseste it will slip but then you say its new so that shoudlnt be the problem, i had chainslip once and figured out my front granny ring and middle ring were bent, but considering you have a new crank/rings it...
  4. C

Little Things You Hate

when you need a new chain guide, and you always thought is was a 32-36t guide, and you buy a 38t ring so you go on jenson usa and buy a brand new e13 srs plus for 130, to suit the chainring, i go outside remove crank, take old guide off its a 36-40 tooth guide, a 40 dollar part tree and it would...
  5. C

Have I bent my shock?

Does this greasy mark rub off? or is the stanichon actually scratched. how easily does the fork go up and down? if it is a scratch then it might leak oil, but i would think if it is actally bent it wont move freely in the lowers. you can get a small ruler and put it up next to that stanichon if...
  6. C

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

bought a e13 srs guide, kmc x9sl chain, e13 chainring, odi rouge grips, regreased all bearings, bled brakes, put new pads in. major service time
  7. C

36-40t chainguide, e13, mrp.

Item: chasing a 36-40t chainguide, iscg old unless it comes with adaptor for iscg 05 Location: perth Item condition: fairly new, no cracked upper or lower guides, Price and price conditions : 60-70$ posted Extra Info: show me what you have :) cheers.
  8. C

kmc x9sl ti or pc 991 ??

Hey everyone, after snapping my old pc 951 which lasted nearly two years, Im in for an upgrade. Im looking at the pc 991 and the kmc x9sl. Ive heard good things about both and bad, has anybody used these chains, any info would be great. Cheers
  9. C

Movie character you would least like to mess with

probably rambo he'd make a trap with his feet to catch me.
  10. C

The Huffy Slider/Drift Trike thread

yeah thats sick, maybe shorter stem wide bars? drift easier maybe? might have to get myself one of these :)
  11. C

x9 10speed compatible

Hey everyone, Im curious to know if i can run 10 speed on my old giant ac 2006. Ive found a shifter, derailler pretty cheap but not sure if the cassette will fit? do i need a new hub to accomidate the 10 speed, or will it just hit the frame when i try to put the wheel on? or does it just not...
  12. C

Cost of AVID bleed?

Yep what flamshmizer said, buy a kit there relativly cheap on ebay and fluid is about 10 bucks for a litre bottle which will do many bleeds, there a heaps of videos on youtube on how to do them by avid tech, in my opinion they are very easy to do.
  13. C

2012 Faith 1

Wicked bike you have there, i would change -the wheels something a bit stonger with some descent hubs. -change it to 1 by 9 (or 10) with a different guide -maybe a different shock how much did this beast cost?
  14. C

E13 am/dh or race face atlas?

Well theres that but we dont all have 500 dollars lying arund :P
  15. C

E13 am/dh or race face atlas?

In my opinion get the atlas cranks, they look pretty cool as they come in a few colours and mine came with bb and a chainring, tough as anything too, the chainring has lasted a whole year and gets a ride everyday doesnt look like its even worn, and the cranks have barely any shoe rub. i just...