Recent content by Chris.D

1. C

What's in ur trail bag?

Thanks for the info mate, given me some thoughts.....I appreciate ur post. This forum has a bad reputation, lots of wankers with very little to say of any real substance. It wasn't over stated.....no harm. I wont bother coming back.
  2. C

What's in ur trail bag?

I had a schrader tube and the valve didn't fit through the rim....it was for my sons bike :-(
  3. C

What's in ur trail bag?

Thanks for the link smart ass......I did 3 searches with no luck.
  4. C

What's in ur trail bag?

After breaking a chain and finding I'd left my mobile at home, I was then up for a long walk in the dark along a fire trail. Last week I got a flat only to find I had the wrong spare tube with me. So I was wondering what everyone else carries when riding. I now have the correct spare tube...
  5. C

Nth Turramurra to East Chatswood - best route.

I was thinking that on the way to work this would be good. Burns Rd...Eastern Arterial Rd....keep going....Archbold Rd then a few dog legs just before Boundary St to get closer to Eastern Valley Way. This would be a 5.30 am ride....the home trip would start at around 6.15pm. I was...
  6. C

Thanks for that but its kind of making the trip much longer as I need to end up near the new bunnings in Chatswood.
  7. C

I've been thinking of riding to work. ..what would be the safest way to ride? I was thinking of going through St Ives down past the school and coming up near Eastern Valley way near Roseville...which is where I work. Any one got any ides how long it would take.
  8. C

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

I had a feeling that somone would post a reply like this and after my loop on that Sat morning I totally understand what ur saying. Im happy to stay of the trail after rain.......after all it would be a shame to have it damaged. Bring out the sun :-)
  9. C

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Had my first ride on the track.... 8am Sat, just got on the bike and down came the rain :( . The track was great....soooo impressed with the layout and building. Short, yes...but thats cool....just do more loops :-) I only did one loop as I was soaked.....Im looking forward to doing it when...
  10. C

Mtn bike service - Syd North

I think the guy that did the service today was Paul, he was nice and showed me a thing or two which was good. I think he was n his own today as he was the only one in the shop (morning and afternoon).
  11. C

Not sure about Nth Syd but there is one on Penshurst st Chatswood.
  12. C

Thanks for the replys, the specalized shop in chatswood is booked out till early next week but from talking to the bloke on the phone it sounds like they would be a good choice. However I wanted to have it done tomorrow so I can get the best out of my bike on the weekend....plan to have a look...
  13. C

Can anyone recomend a good place to get my Norco Shore3 serviced....between Nth Syd and Hornsby. I know a number of bike shops but many seem to be very clicky.....and also try real hard to push there own brand. Im also not sure what is considered a good price for a service so any comments...
  14. C

Flash Bike slow rider!

Ive only once bought a new bike, 3 months later I modified it with 2nd hand parts to make it just how I like. Ive looked many times a the new bikes in tye shops thinking.....hmm that would be nice to have....but I know I will modify it...so I just buy 2nd hand bikes and muck around with them :-)
  15. C

Syd North

Thanks mate.