Recent content by Chriso_29er

1. Chriso_29er

Rotorburn strava

Don't do that. Bad Idea, I tried it. Doing a real race put me in my place very quickly lol , went from generally high up in strava to very mid pack in reality ha ha
  2. Chriso_29er

Old guy getting back into it.

Welcome back on the bike mate! A few of us here on the wrong side of 40, best way to still feel young lol.
  3. Chriso_29er

Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

Welcome aboard Dan @The Duckmeister, with restrictions eased a little you're welcome in either group? Group 1 - 1000m vert+ Chriso_29er - Chris teK-- - Jim Moorey Felix Plankosaurus - Dale Yuley95 - Andrew SlowMick - MattyP- Tentitive wozza - Damo Group 2 - 500m vert tkdbboy - Hakan wkkie -...
  4. Chriso_29er

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

DHWV? Does that mean video ha ha Also shows a little incident where the bugger stuffed up right at the bottom of a big log roll after I had already committed lol. He's back home again now, hand is ok luckily but lost 3 qrts of his thumbnail. And suspected concussion.
  5. Chriso_29er

If conditions are like today you guy's will have to ride it. Perfect! I PR'd a couple of sections and might have got in a sneaky Strava KOM lol. But yeah, its not the place if its going to be pissing down or really wet leading up to it. I've only been out to the Youies once and loved it, so...
  6. Chriso_29er

Did final test ride of our Melbourne burners meet. Conditions were almost perfect. But unfortunately last trail of the day, my riding buddy hit the deck hard. Low speed but over the bars on a steep trail. Got him back to my car, and is now in Hospital getting his hand checked out and what seems...
  7. Chriso_29er

Final route set for the 1000m group. Little bit of a hike out to Lyre Lyre but worth it. Takes in all 6 of the best descents. Just under 30km, 1113m. Of course we can chop and change on the day as necessary depending on how everyone's feeling. Or if everyone loves a particular trail we'll do it...
  8. Chriso_29er

VIC Lysterfield Park

Got a link? I know a few of the builders and would be interested to see who this is.
  9. Chriso_29er

A Lap of Lysty | Black descents

With him on it it rides like an Ebike lol. Strong bugger is an Ex 24 hour champ. But yeah, just a Gopro controller.
  10. Chriso_29er

Thanks mate, No chain guide on either bikes, generally don't have an issue on mine (Shimano 11) But Andrew on the Genius has had a shocking run with the Sram SX 12 speed. You can hear all through the video where it was missing gears and then the final chain drop likely related to the poor...
  11. Chriso_29er

VIC Lysterfield Park

That back side was a little damp in spots, but not too bad. They had already closed off the circuit from around follow me through to the downhill from the BP so we took the Fire road. And Snipe was closed? Not sure I've ever seen that wet, is it closed for some other reason?
  12. Chriso_29er

VIC Lysterfield Park

The trails were running pretty good only a couple of weeks ago, must have got smashed over the last week or so!
  13. Chriso_29er

A quick lap of Lysterfield Park taking in all the so called black descents. Quite a few people around, but still largely had no worries with traffic on the downs. Did have to queue up to take our turn down Com Games lol. Trails were running pretty nice.
  14. Chriso_29er

Warburton trail updates

Knew I shouldn't have had my hopes up for this project to finally go ahead! Pisses me off no end!
  15. Chriso_29er

Did a rec ride for our Melbourne meet. It was a little Slippery lol