Recent content by Chriso_29er

1. Chriso_29er

Vic/Melb burner bash

Bugger, I'm away the 8th and 9th :(
  2. Chriso_29er

Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

@CHEWY Found the segment, looks like sub 2hr with no break would be possible if I could find 3 seconds lol. But confirms I didn't do it non stop, who could with the awesome views at the top! haha. My bro got me by 2 seconds lol, time for a rematch.
  3. Chriso_29er

Buxton and Lake Mountain Thread

Including over the summit and full 3 stages about 2hr:20min each run.
  4. Chriso_29er

The "I will ride _____km in 2021" thread - commit and conquer here!!

Had a massive October, I think it was my biggest month ever on the bikes. Feeling about as fit as I've ever been which is good benefit of the last few months efforts. Slowed a little for a couple of weeks last month but still not too bad and on target to get close to my goals. 30hrs to get to...
  5. Chriso_29er

Silvan

It's a little bit of a mixed bag in there at the moment. As the others have mentioned YRMTB are the official club, but stop short of only really being directly involved in the couple of sanctioned trails. Then an active few who work hard on maintaining a couple of the other trails, who may or...
  6. Chriso_29er

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Good old close contact struck again for me and ruined my weekend. Get a call from work Sat morning, which is unusual unless poo had hit the fan. Only been back in the office 2 days, but positive case was wandering around Wed - Fri. Go and get tested asap which turned out to be early afternoon...
  7. Chriso_29er

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cant get more #Xc4Lyf tha Not to late to come and grab my XC bike. Chuck some lycra on you might even have a chance at the win haha.
  8. Chriso_29er

AM Chriso's bike for fun

Ride review using the DHF both front and rear, pretty happy so far! Raced the Hux at Bux on the weekend and having the DHF on the front instantly felt awesome on the fine hard pack and sometimes loose clay trails. But what surprised me most was the rear. Grip levels seemed almost identical to...
  9. Chriso_29er

COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Knowing how a family member becoming close contact stuffed our holiday plans, I'd be laying as low as possible until you get away for the trip. To be honest before our next trip or important event we'll probably self quarantine before hand to avoid such a stuff around again. But at least the...
  10. Chriso_29er

What could have been if I was riding a down country bike haha.
  11. Chriso_29er

First ride on the new DHF's Pretty happy, managed my first ever podium coming in 3rd and won some chocolate :)
  12. Chriso_29er

AM Chriso's bike for fun

Yeah that is on the climb back up twisted sister, next to Zoom. That side of the mountain is pretty good now. But I was out the other side near Lyre Lyre last week and the top half of that is still needing a lot of work! JJ's is also almost cleared and has had a nice little extension put on it...
  13. Chriso_29er

AM Chriso's bike for fun

Finally settled on some tyres to move away from the HR2. Went with Maxxis DHF both front and rear in 2.5in EXO 3C Max Terra flavor. Decided to try this on the rear rather than the DHR for the moment given reports it may be slightly better rolling even though heavier, and I like to put in some...
  14. Chriso_29er

Follow Big Hill events on insta. Do do mostly XC type events such as the shifty 50 series, 3hrs etc.
  15. Chriso_29er

May as well be lol This one is a 'flowduro' haha