Recent content by clipless

1. C

Queenstown and Christchurch in May advice please

We will be spending a couple of days in Wanaka so will look to grab a bike from Outside Sports.
  2. C

Cheers mate, brilliant advice. I'll definitely start looking into Rude Rock shuttles and bike hire/taxi to 7 mile bike park. Does anyone else have info for Christchurch?
  3. C

Hey guys, OP here. After some further advice re where to ride. I've spoke to the Christchurch Adventure Park folks and they have advised the park is unlikely to be open by May. Now I also see that the Queenstown bike park is going to be closed on 8 May, just before we are due to arrive...
  4. C

Only going to get a couple of rides in during my visit and never ridden a DH bike before so was thinking of hiring one. Wasn't planning on doing any climbing on the bike, hoping to let the gondola and chair lift do all of that work. Sounds like merino layer under my riding shirt and a rain...
  5. C

Hi, I'm heading to NZ in mid May with the family. Planning to spend a day riding in Queenstown and a day riding in Christchurch. Coming from North Queensland, I have no idea what to expect of the weather and what to wear. So any advice on what to bring and wear? Cheers.
  6. C

Help..Giant Stance Vs Polygon Siskiu D7?

Only just saw this today sorry. Upgraded tyres to Nobby Nics at 2.35 wide. I quite like them so far, they definitely offer a lot more grip due to the superior compound and I enjoy fast downhills as well so the wider tyre helps. I went for a TMARS dropper. It is the cheapest around and...
  7. C

New rules for cyclists in NSW - Safe passing distances, but massive fines as well....

In Qld, the requirement is for a bell, horn or similar warning device in working order. I have a horn app on my phone and my phone is mounted on my handlebars for Strava. If police ever stop me I can quickly change apps and play my horn for them. I can't find anything that requires use of the...
  8. C

Bells...

In Queensland the police do have the power to stop a vehicle for certain purposes and a bicycle is classified as a vehicle. The police also have the power to require your name and address if they catch you committing an offence or reasonably suspect you of having committed an offence and for...
  9. C

Moderator must review all my posts?

I'm just new here but is this for real? All my posts have to be reviewed before posting? Some posts I wrote 12 hours ago and still not up.
  10. C

How do you maintain food discipline?

For me food discipline comes from accepting one key point: food is for nutrition not recreation. I'm cutting at the moment. I allowed myself to get up to around 19% body fat while I was bulking for weightlifting. Now I'm in the process of cutting back down to around my goal of 10% while...
  11. C

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Just my opinion but I believe they are the best main exercises for building functional strength. I use assistance exercises to target specific weaknesses of my own, e.g. calf raises and split squats. If you're interested, check out Starting Strength which is a fantastic program to start on...
  12. C

Bells...

Perhaps if they enforced the road rules that apply to pedestrians, such as the regulation prohibiting a pedestrian from unreasonably obstructing the path of a driver (including rider), there would be a lot less use for a bell. How many times have you come across groups of people taking up an...
  13. C

Help..Giant Stance Vs Polygon Siskiu D7?

I ride a Polygon Siskiu D7 and think it is the best value for money bike around. I did a lot of research before buying it and the only thing close in price was the Giant but the Polygon was still a few hundred cheaper. With that price difference I've upgraded the tires and added a dropper post...
  14. C

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Double post
  15. C

Rotorburn Leaderboard.

Squat 140kg Deadlift 140kg Bench 90kg Military press 60kg Static breath hold 4:45