Recent content by coarselanguagw

1. C

All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Mate, that link you posted has the right tool. So on that aliexpress listing if you look at the pictures you'll see that each tool has a part#. Eg: 398-00-681 or 398-00-682, etc.. You can compare the part numbers on the aliexpress options to the listings on cyclinics website...
  2. C

BRAKE PADS !! Before going with cheap aliexpress brake pads, pick up a $5 set of calipers and measure the thickness of your brake rotor. Make sure to measure at the thinnest part of the rotor and ensure you check to see if your existing rotor is 'lipped' or has a groove worn on it. You will...
  3. C

Shockwiz hire in hobart

Hey mate, Does your mate still have a shockwiz ? I'd been keen to hire it for a few days.
  4. C

A number of newer model brakes have actually moved away from using a traditional banjo fitting. For example the sram g2 rs brakes have a fitting that looks similar to these aliexpress brakes.
  5. C

I’m looking to replace the bearings on a few DT Swiss hubs. I have a 240 148x12 rear, 350 157x12 rear, 240 110x12 front and 350 110x20 front I also have a dt Swiss Ebike specific rear hub that is 148x12 At @2:48 in this video () showing the bearings being replaced they use a “Ring nut removal...
  6. C

Marocchi Bomber CR shock spring advice needed

oi oi .. I just went through this whole rigamaroll yesterday myself !! If you go standard steel these are your options: 039-03-019 Spring: [4.954 TLG X 1.385 ID X 650 lbs/in, 2.300 Travel] Black 039-03-009 Spring: [5.701 TLG X 1.385 ID X 700 lbs/in, 2.550 Travel] Black If you go...
  7. C

This is the stand I bought. I paid $282 delivered in 08/2021. Price seems to have gone up since then. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801621194213.html The stand makes the whole process of building and truing much easier, faster and more accurate. I've also straightened a few rotors. Takes...
  8. C

The discount code thread

hahaha .. thanks. I don't post here often. I try to make it count
  9. C

Wow mate, your full order history looks earily similar to my own. Have you been happy with the bearings? Isee you got a spoke tension meter. Those aliexpress pro truing stands are worth it if you ever get into wheels and need one.
  10. C

The discount code thread

Well, I did put in two orders (so 8 tyres in total) - going to maydena. Try this link. I see plenty of 29" options https://www.merlincycles.com/en-au/mountain-bike-tyres-75332/?diameter=29- Not much for maxxis but brands that are popular in the uk like continental, schwalbe, michelin have...
  11. C

Nerang (Gold Coast) MTB Crisis. Everyone help please

Sad to hear this. I remember whe out the back near Lost World, etc.. was "closed" the first time. Nerang has always been a missed opportunity in regards to trails. Just a short drive north to the south of Brisbane there have been some amazing trails put in. Even when the commonwealth games...
  12. C

The discount code thread

Bloody hell gents !! Merlin Cycles are having a bonkers sale on tyres (and other stuff at the moment) https://www.merlincycles.com/en-au/ Shipping for 4 tyres is ~$40aud and the prices shown don't include the 10% GST. You also can't have more than 4 tyres in one order. Even so, especially for...
  13. C

Seems like aliexpress are having a sale tomorrow "AliExpress: 20% Cashback on Affiliate Products ($15 Cap Per Member, 7pm-11pm AEST 30/06) @ Cashrewards" Not sure how this works, but it seems to be popular with ozbargain members. Maybe someone here might be able to save a little. See all the...
  14. C

What do you use for stopping internal cable rattle?

I used this stuff, size 5mm x 8mm https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000118843265.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802vnYFJK Was ~$10 delivered
  15. C

Hey Labcanary, Can you measure the diameter of the threaded rod. This kit does not come with cups that could be used for bearing removal. However I'm wondering if the threaded rod would fit through my 1/2" sockets which would probably serve as an excellent stand in for proper cups.