Recent content by Country Bob

1. Country Bob

Rules and Regulations of Events

nice point - I overheard someone discussing a place they could short cut when pre-riding a course. It was a large log on the inside of a corner that was obviously there to stop the corner being cut and this particular rider (who has great skills and will be at the pointy end of the field) could...
  2. Country Bob

newbie/amateur riders in Coffs?

Come along to one of the Coffs Cycling club xc races http://www.coffsharbourcycleclub.org.au/ - they are run in a fun & friendly atmosphere with riders of all abilities being regulars - the post race BBQ is a great way to chat to other riders of similar ability and establish a bit of riding...
  3. Country Bob

NEW MARATHON SERIES: Real Insurance XCM Series, powered by CycleNation

great idea, but as the Pleasure & Pain is a lap race of 4 x 25km laps, it might not fit their goal of being a XCM series - a shame though as it may discount a lot of good enduros in favour of some that focus on firetrails...
  4. Country Bob

Coffs and Surrounds

If you're after some xc action keep an eye on www.coffsharbourcycleclub.org.au as a new race calendar will go up soon. The Pine Creek area is still the main focus with most riders heading to Cows with Guns. We have not seen much dry weather up here at the moment so it'll depend on conditions...
  5. Country Bob

Private Property MTB - Nymboidia, NSW (west of Grafton)

Great looking trails, just hope you had a chance to ride it in a bit before the weekends rain. Nothing worse than seeing hard work washed away.
  6. Country Bob

MTBA Comissaires for 2011

I suppose it's a matter of MTBA covering their butts for any events that are sanctioned under MTBA rules - as club (any club affiliated with MTBA that is) events are. MTB club races are usually enjoyable as well as having a competitive element for those who want it. Anyone not acting within...
  7. Country Bob

National Parks trail access: Have your say

Thought most of the responses to NPWS were pretty good & on topic - there should be more though. I know the focus will be on parks surrounding Sydney, but hopefully this state dept will remember that NSW is bigger than just Sydney.