Recent content by crash3

1. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

Thats what I was thinking RE windscreen, but its pushed turbulent air onto my helmet, making my head bob around heaps. I'll get pretty sick of that. Might try changing the angle a bit before i give up completely I guess. Yeah I got an airhawk already, haven't ridden with it on, I'm thinking...
  2. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

Test pack of the bike (almost) done, still waiting on my tank bag. A few other changes I've made in preparation for the trip: Changed old headlight for new LED unit Upgraded to LED blinkers (fronts also have LED running lights inbuilt, rears have brake lights inbuilt) Test fitted bar risers -...
  3. crash3

MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

RNF out, Trackhouse in
  4. crash3

MotoGP was 2020 now 2023

The 2024 season is going to be interesting. MM riders championship?
  5. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

Yeah that's definitely the plan. I sweat in my sleep (or so my wife tells me) so I've planned on just wearing quick wicking athletic shirts under gear, and packing baby wipes & roll on. No chance of riding in dusk. I'm happy to arrive a few days late as opposed to taking that risk. My girl...
  6. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

Some pro tips in there Thanks DC
  7. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

Yeah they do, I nearly bought one last year but I got there too late. I love those Japanese 250cc four cylinders, what a concept for a motorcycle.
  8. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

Bloody hell, an across 250 over those k's is an effort, well done. I do also have rain covers for jacket and pants, along with some bright yellow silicone shoe covers, so I can hopefully keep as dry as possible. Definitely, definitely keeping to back roads where possible. Why see the country if...
  9. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

This is definitely my plan. The sights are nicer and the roads are more fun when you're not on a freeway. Sounds like there'll be some decent roads around Injune then. If he lives at the distillery then maybe haha
  10. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

Mayyyyyybe. Depending on how I go for time & energy. I know I'll be pushing past some fantastic MTB trails, but including the bike on the packing list would be..... ambitious. Coming soon! Side case racks will arrive this week, then will pick up some saddle bags. Soon after will be first time...
  11. crash3

Motorcycle road trip

Hi all I know there's some other motorcyclists on here, and I'm keen for some opinions. So I've decided I'm finally going to do the trip I've been dreaming about for a few years now - riding from the family home in Tomerong (just outside of Jervis Bay, NSW) to the family holiday home in Port...
  12. crash3

Freehub bodies - educate me

Hi all So I removed, cleaned and lubed my shimano freehub body two nights ago, and noted that the bearings within the freehub body itself are toast. This got me looking at replacing the freehub body, then naturally I thought about upgrading it. So the freehub body standard thing is pretty...
  13. crash3

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Last night: Remove, clean and refit freehub. Fit new bottle cap on stem cap. Today: 12-ish kays around Coondoo, feeling my fitness going to another level.
  14. crash3

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rode the bike to brekky yesterday, with the intention of chucking it in the wife's new car and heading home after. The bike didn't fit, so had to ride home again, so sad.
  15. crash3

Confessions from the fuckwits

After my 180->203mm rotor upgrade (during which I ordered 6-bolt rotors when I needed centrelocks, so had to get those adapters too) my shifting went haywire. Re-set limits, re-tension cable, barrell adjuster all the way in, out. Inconsitant as hell won't reach smallest gear. Whatever, it rides...