Recent content by craw

1. craw

Wanted- 08 888 ata wc

Not to derail but I have an 08 1.5 66 ATA for sale if you want...
  2. craw

Can someone please explain the cost of bikes here

Oh don't worry I'm working this angle. Make my friends into mules. It's all part of the plan. That's why I'm nerding out now, so I can get my order right! :D
  3. craw

Good exercises for coping with lower body impacts?

Walking lunges - you can just do 'em straight up, or hold dumbells in your hands or overhead. Scissor lunges - basically lunges done on one spot. Do 'em fast or with weights in hand to increase difficulty. Box jumps - good for explosive power. Jump onto a surface at least a 18" tall, stand up...
  4. craw

Well if it's any consolation the pay is higher here than back in Vancouver. I moved here with my gf for work for a year. It's healthy to live in new places, especially warm ones where there's good surf. I guess I'll try and find a happy medium between paying a reasonable price for stuff...
  5. craw

I recently moved here from Vancouver. Here meaning Brisbane. I want to get a 29er. Maybe rigid but most likely geared. Why are frames so expensive? The El Mariachi frameset costs around $890 in the US and somehow it's $1475 here! It costs about $200 to ship a frame from the US to Australia...
  6. craw

Tour d'Afrique

I've been reading about the Tour D'Afrique for ages. I change my mind about wanting to do it almost daily. On one hand I figure that's a huge commitment and maybe I should just do a portion of it; but then I figure why bother flying all the way there and not do the whole thing? It's almost as...
  7. craw

Newbie Question - Which 29er to buy? Best Brisbane Shop to Buy?

That's the first Chumba I've actually liked. Any idea what the frame is worth?
  8. craw

Canada to Australia

I just moved to Brisbane from Vancouver. I'm here for a year. I packed my Knolly Delirium thinking it would be as good all-around as it is back home. Wrong. I can't speak for Sydney, but around here it's sooooo buff. The trails are super-fun to ride but my 37-lb AM monster is way overkill...
  9. craw

Buy and Sell Access Help Please!

POST WHORE TRANSFORM in 3... 2... 1... (see you in the trading section!)
  10. craw

All right I'll buckle down and try and make y'all a contribution! Sadly I don't have a lot of photos of trails in Vancouver. I always meant to take lots but riding always get in the way... You know how it is - you're having a blast ripping and flowing and next thing you know you're at the...
  11. craw

Yep. Already did that. The form gave me an error. I read that you need posts OR a reasonably-written letter describing why I want access. I'm not a punk or a noob nor do I want to rip anyone off. I just have some nice gear I want to find a new home for. I just got here so haven't had...
  12. craw

Hello, I've recently joined this forum after moving to Brisbane from Vancouver. I'd like to start participating more in the forums but I can't seem to get registered for the Buy and Sell section of this site and the administrators don't reply to my messages. Does anyone out there have any...
  13. craw

Moving to Brisbane from Vancouver - what to ride?

So my girlfriend and I are moving to Brisbane for a year to work, from Vancouver. We'll likely be living around Fortitude Valley, at least to begin with. We're both experienced riders. We ride the Shore, Whistler, etc regularly. It's been difficult to get consistent reports about what the...
  14. craw

Moving to Brisbane from Vancouver

So my girlfriend and I are moving to Brisbane from Vancouver. She's got a 14 month contract and I'm coming along since I can work remotely. We're wondering about riding in the Brisbane area. We come from Vancouver and ride the Shore. We're used to pretty steep, wet and rooty technical...