Recent content by crjohnson

1. C

Avanti Torrent and Coppermine/Vapour thread

Anyone know where to get rear derailleur hangers? (I'm guessing the shop where I bought the bike) but what would a reasonable price be so I don't get ripped? Thanks
  2. C

Rode today and yesterday with 195psi in the rear shock, felt heaps better than before. Didn't quite bottom out on any decent jumps or drops (aneurysm at Lysterfield, cressy descent + boulder track at you yangs) Anyone have any suggestions on how capable the Rockshox Sektor solo air forks are...
  3. C

Double checked the sag, definitely around the 13mm mark (thought this shock is meant to be 2.25" travel? should work out to around 20%). Upped it to 195psi which creates about 9mm sag (16%), I'll see how that feels this weekend if my shoulder is good (may have hit a tree last Saturday..)
  4. C

maybe this is what i need or should try?? http://www.pinkbike.com/news/tech-tuesday-How-to-Install-a-Fox-Air-Volume-Spacer-2011.html
  5. C

If I remember correct the rear shock was only around 15-20%. (ie if i sit on the bike, the oring moves about 12-15mm.. I havent really played with the front sag yet..
  6. C

What sort of fork and shock air pressures do people run here? Every ride I've noticed the shocks have bottomed out after only a few small'ish jumps. I've upped the pressures each ride by about 10psi and the last ride I had 150psi (rear) and 120psi (front). I've only ridden around...
  7. C

Glad to hear the wheels are strong! My last ride around lysterfield on the Escape resulted in a fairly wobbly rear wheel! At least for now I'll just ride the thing before playing around too much..
  8. C

G'day guys, happen to buy myself a 2012 Torrent 1 last weekend, can't wait to go for a ride after reading some posts about them! My first bike was an Avanti escape and was almost going to buy a trance or anthem but decided on the Avanti (more travel, better forks, rest of the gear seemed the...