Recent content by Cuthbert

1. C

NSW Cheap DJ fork and brake set

Wanted: DJ fork and brake set Location: Forestville, NSW (happy to pick up in Syd or pay for post) Item Condition: Don't mind older gear, in fact older stuff will suit purposes best, but needs to be in good working order Fork Specifics: 100 mm travel or rigid fork also ok, QR axel, steerer...
  2. C

NSW Sold

Bump it up - still for sale
  3. C

NSW Sold

Pics now up
  4. C

NSW Sold

Item: Transition Bottlerocket Location: north side of Sydney Reason for Selling: Not being used enough Item Condition: Used but not abused. Some scrapes and scuffs as could be expected for a bike that's a few years old and wheels have some minor wobbles but in good condition Price and price...
  5. C

Hand issues on roadie

Where is getting numb - mainly in the little finger and down the outside of the hand? If so, this is pretty common, its a nerve thing caused by pressure at the base of the thumb. I suffer from this quite a bit and found once the sensation starts (mainly from riding on the hoods) it tends to...
  6. C

Road wheels

Highly rate the Braccianos. I've had a set for over 14 months now and they've served for both training and racing duties. Still running smooth and never had to be trued, and in that time have copped a fair bit of rough road abuse
  7. C

You know you're getting old when ...

You forgot the humble Slinky and that stupid coloured cube thing....
  8. C

First Bike

Test ride is always nice, but not critical provided you get a proper bike fit done by the shop
  9. C

How can I determine my optimum cadence and heart rate while training?

Position of the device on your chest can also effect the accuracy. I've got the same set up as you and find that if the strap slips down around my stomach it gives stupidly high readings (often between 200 and 250, when I actually max out at about 175)
  10. C

Spend my money...upgrade/new bike/gizmo..new to racing

If you intend to keep racing a new bike would probably be the best long term investment given that your current ride seemingly has a few years on it. I was in a similar position to you not so long ago - bought an older rig to get started on before upgrading when got more into it. Apart from a...
  11. C

A question of ettiquette?

Roadie's are a curious bunch. Have just started to put in some road miles and I'm finding this whole quasi-competition thing a bit odd. Have never come across it before with MTB (admittedly never really been into xc), but it does seem like literally every 3rd rider you encounter almost assumes...
  12. C

Training Log 3 Peaks Training schedule

Well done mate, all that training paid off. I also did it - was hoping to go under 10 hrs and was on pace until the 120km mark but all fell apart after that. Went into the ride with some stomach issues which got made worse by the heat - literally couldn't keep anything down from the lunch...
  13. C

Training Log 3 Peaks Training schedule

Hey Dusty, Nice one for giving the 3 peaks a go. I'm also going to give it a crack and training proper starts next week. I'm also planning to ride 6 days a week, but given I've never really done any fitness training not sure how the body will cope with that load. Will see how it goes...
  14. C

NSW Sold

bump it up
  15. C

The 3 Peaks Challenge - Anyone Done It?

Think I'll probably give it a go too, and the 10 hr mark would certainly be something to aim for. But unfortunately for me that's most likely out of the question - going from zero endurance base to A grade roadie in 5 months is a big ask :)