Recent content by Cyclomaniac

1. Cyclomaniac

You laugh you lose

Worth watching this. Standing up as we do seems to be read as a challenge to a male roo. Not sure if I would hang around in your situation though. RIP Mal.
  2. Cyclomaniac

Crash Pics Thread

Isildur is on the money I think. Depends on how you are feeling, if your confidence is out the window you might not enjoy the trip anyway but see how you go. The surgery sucks but you can start physio a bit earlier. Heal up!
  3. Cyclomaniac

earthquake

His ones on tsunami give me nightmares. Also he sounds just like the guy from the Economics Explained channel, but that's another rabbit hole.
  4. Cyclomaniac

Crash Pics Thread

Thanks for the reply's, PJO I think you are spot on, would be easy to sit at home feeling angry about it. I guess I am just a bit stressed out and impatient. I am a landscaper so there is a lot riding on getting this sorted soon. I go back to work tomorrow. The boss has been really good about...
  5. Cyclomaniac

Crash Pics Thread

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but has any of you had nerve problems in you arm after collar bone surgery? It's been 5 weeks since the accident and 4 weeks since the surgery (spent a whole week waiting including three days on a bed in day surgery only to be sent home each day)...
  6. Cyclomaniac

Whisky!

Don't do it. I gave it a shot once, braced myself for the "intensely smoky and peaty blended Scotch whisky with an earthy, rich character" but it tasted like JW Red Label for Peat's sake!
  7. Cyclomaniac

Crash Pics Thread

I have been building some trails on my property and went down to take some measurements for a little timber feature. Everything is soft still and I was just cruising down on the trail bike in my steel cap boots with a measuring tape on my hip. Went over what must be the smallest jump and somehow...
  8. Cyclomaniac

Burners' Backyards: Veggies, Gardening, Landscape & Design

I would not bother with the weed mat @cammas , it doesn't work. I have it here with a layer of pebble over the top and weeds everywhere if I don't spray. Dust and leaves land on top of it and weeds germinate.Thick mulch is a better option. I use a pre-emergant herbicide that stops weeds from...
  9. Cyclomaniac

Electric Guitar

A cheap guitar with a good setup is better than an expensive guitar with a bad setup. Even if the guitar is perfectly in tune, a bad setup will make the notes you play on the fretboard out of tune. This makes chords sound wrong. I have noticed this in some cheap guitars I have bought and I think...
  10. Cyclomaniac

Live Music Thread

I had to hold the young fella up for the drum solo, not often he will get to see a water tank in a solo. The ladies were great, they had to get them in because the late bass player had a very high vocal range. Missy Higgins filled in on a recent Broken Hill gig.
  11. Cyclomaniac

Live Music Thread

I use Alpine Pro. They come with three levels of filters that you can swap out. I used the lowest level and still no ringing after 3+ hours. My ears are sensitive to high pitches. My sisters used to bug me with a dog whistle that only I could hear. I took them out a couple of times to see if I...
  12. Cyclomaniac

Live Music Thread

After the ill fated Canberra gig earlier this year I finally saw Midnight Oil last night for their last show. It was at the Hordern and they did not dissapoint. They played for over 3 and a half hours with 40 songs. When I was about to buy my ticket I noticed that my 9 year old son was walking...
  13. Cyclomaniac

Live Music Thread

Went up to Canberra over Easter to see an old favorite, Midnight Oil. Stood in the freezing cold rain for 4 hours only to have them cancel due to lightening. I think I was getting close to hypothermia so I was happy to get out of there by then. Hopefully they can come back. Not the same anymore...
  14. Cyclomaniac

Can America be fixed?

That would be the famous Peter Lee. Not a teacher but a total LARP nut who lived on butter menthols. He put a hole in the Asquith girls high school hall with said cannon. Rumor has it that he died in the mid nineties when he crashed his truck and was taken out by the dozens of swords and spears...
  15. Cyclomaniac

House Husbands

There is some great advice here. I stayed home for 7 years when the kids were born. Loved it. I too was anxious about being unproductive but turned out to be the most productive time of my life. If you are self motivated you find that you have a lot of flexibility to do a lot, especially if the...