D01's latest activity

• D
    D01 replied to the thread Fire Warnings.
  • D
    Look on the bright side, you get to find stuff that's been missing for ages. Seriously though, all the best with it. 10kms is not...
    • _20200109_165253.JPG
  • D
    D01 reacted to Tubbsy's post in the thread Fire Warnings with Like.
    This is good: https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=2168b5162d61432c8b3499818a2d60df
  • D
    The picture in that story shows a wombat down at Tallowa dam, anyone that's been there would have seen the terrible state they have been...
  • D
    The Fires Near Me app became not very helpful for us in the last week or so. For example the fire at the Sussex Inlet intersection that...
  • D
    A funny thing happened when the southerly wind blew in on one of those hot days a couple of weeks ago. The fire was pretty much directly...
    • _20200106_222403.JPG
  • D
    I was surprised at the number of firies that came through my place blaming the greens for this. One validated it saying the EPA has...
  • D
    Not going on holidays to fire threatened places like the south coast of NSW would be a good start. That's a pretty good indication of...
  • D
    D01 replied to the thread Little Things You Hate.
    Putting on the rubber boots that came with the hose and not the levers..
    • _20191222_122353.JPG
  • D
    We had one of those storms form yesterday afternoon, some thunder and a few sooty raindrops and it was gone. It's kind of cruel because...
    • _20191222_122524.JPG
  • D
    The fire has stopped about 10 kms to the west of us now, the westerly winds didn't push it as far east as predicted. I'm not sure that's...
  • D
    The police have just been, advising us to leave. A bit scary confirming to them that we're staying.
  • D
    I had the RFS knock on my door yesterday morning asking how much water I have. There's a fire heading my way, it's expected to get to my...
  • D
    Knowing what we know now it does seem a bit surprising, but they're still assuming that 20m is usually enough for a containment line...
    • 1576836604231.png
  • D
    D01 replied to the thread What does your day look like?.
    That reminds me of an afternoon I had a couple of months ago.. I saw an echidna in the middle of the road right next to a large...
    • echidna.jpg
    • echidna2.jpg