Recent content by DaGonz

1. DaGonz

Anyone ridden through the Wollemi NP

Someone asked me about this the other day, so for prosperity sake (because I closed my old blog) here are the GPS routes from glendavis to wollembi through wollemi https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/47443449 https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/47443425 The original PDF is...
  2. DaGonz

2012 - Real Insurance NSWMTB XCO Series

Either Sport or Expert. Sport, Expert and Elite are open age categories. Everything else has the obvious age restrictions ;) Expert provides that gap for people that want to go hard but arn't quite Elite standard. Cheers Spoonie
  3. DaGonz

Rider etiquette sticky?

First time I've ever heard such a practice. If they're stopping long enough to wash their bikes, I doubt they're up the front though... ...does it actually happen? has anyone seen it? Cheers Spoon
  4. DaGonz

The Self Sufficient Bike Camping Thread.

Just goes to show: bring what ya brung, enjoy the ride! :) Cheers Spoon
  5. DaGonz

2012 World 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships - Intense Battle

...but no mud Cheers Spoonie
  6. DaGonz

I'm afraid I have no recollection of the events surrounding said lie down. I can not confirm or deny the presence of such a weak moment. I can confirm that lap may have taken 4hrs... Cheers Craig
  7. DaGonz

Mud and the tears of those who dare to try beating him... Cheers Spoon
  8. DaGonz

Not that much. I'm using a Vaude' bivy that has no poles or anything. if it's raining, I try to find a hut. Otherwise I use either a Blackdiamond Megalight or a Siearra Lightspeed single man. in order of weight they are 500g, 1.1kg, 1.4kg if you throw in a tarp or ground sheet in any of...
  9. DaGonz

The "holy f*#k that's a long way to ride a bike" bike packing thread.

I wonder if they've turned it on since. what's your spot page site? :) Cheers Spoonie
  10. DaGonz

2011 Mawson Marathon

Yeah, it'd be sad if the non-stop doesn't survive. I think you could do it fairly cheaply too! Most who do those sorts of races really don't give a hoot about schwag or prize money ;) ...we'll see Cheers Spoonie
  11. DaGonz

JetBlack WSMTB 12 Hour 2011

are you going to back up for the 8hr the next day Gee-Bus? Cheers Spoonie
  12. DaGonz

IMHO, I think those that take these sorts of challenges on are usually always looking to do it bigger, better or faster... My experience with off the shelf kit has been "well that was nice, but I didn't like this...". There's a certain level of anal retentativeness that kicks in about small...
  13. DaGonz

2011 Mawson Marathon

The non-stoppers could possibly still head down and bash out 370km's of the trail. First one to the pub gets the first beer!! :) Cheers Spoonie
  14. DaGonz

Review went into MBA so can't really post it up, but I dragged it under and over all sorts of things for a week on my trip to newcastle last year. As a rack, the thing held up pretty well. I managed to break a pannier attachment running into a pole (I forgot I had panniers on and was having...
  15. DaGonz

http://freeload.co.nz/ orderable through your local firendly bike store via Dirt Works, or I guess directly online... Cheers Spoonie