Recent content by Dan76

1. Dan76

Certegy ezipay.

I am looking to purchase a new ride in the next month or so and was wondering if anyone was familiar with this payment method and also what bike retailers in the Central Coast/Newcastle area have it available. Any feedback/information would be much appreciated. Cheers Dan
  2. Dan76

29er Rims for heavier riders

Hi I'm 110kilos and am looking for advice on suitable 29er rims to build up for my Flash 29er. I ride XC and require a rim that I can build up with a lefty hub that will be strong enough to stand up to my weight and handle the odd rock garden etc as required. I'm pretty new to the whole 29er...
  3. Dan76

140mm Lefty Vs Fox 32 Talas RLC 15mm QR

Hi, I have a 2009 cannondale Rize 4 with a standard Fox 32 140mm 9mm Q/r Fork. I am contemplating upgrading to either a 140mm Lefty carbon or a 2010 Fox 32 Talas RLC 15mm Q/R. I know I'm going to have to change the front hub over on my Mavic 819's for which ever of these forks I choose, but any...
  4. Dan76

Thompson seatposts - feedback?

Use Thomson for everything Mate I use Thomson seat posts on all my bikes and wouldn't use anything else. They're strong, reasonably light and easy to use. Perfect. If you want to cut down the weight a little put a Ti clamp bolt set in it. Once you use Thomson products you'll never go back.
  5. Dan76

Crank Brothers Skewers

Hi have the standard FOX float 140 fork with 9mm Q/R on my 09 Cannondale Rize 4 and am looking to stiffen up the front end. I have been looking at the Crank Brothers 9mm Q/R Skewers with the two stage tightening system will this make a noticeable difference over standard 9mm Skewers in...
  6. Dan76

Sigma Data Centre 2.0 Download

Does anyone know where I can download the new Sigma Data Centre 2.0 software from so I can Fine tune my Sigma 1609 cycle computer. I have the Sigma docking station and no software to run it with. Even the data centre 1.1 software will do. Cheers guys
  7. Dan76

Seat Post clamp backwards on Carbon frame

Hey guys I know this is probably a stupid question, I have a Commencal Skin Carbon XC bike and have been told by my mechanic to run the seat clamp backwards on my bike to help prevent frame failure at the seat tube. The seat tube slot is forward facing so I don't know if this is the reason, but...
  8. Dan76

1 x 9 setup

i'm looking to change my XC bike over to a 1x9 setup with a chainguide. Does anyone know what the ideal front ring size is using a 11 - 32 rear cassette. Cheers
  9. Dan76

Headset fo 2009 Commencal Skin

Does anyone know what the exact specs are for the integrated headset on the 2009 Commencal Skin XC and if so where can I order a replacement headset. Cheers Dan.
  10. Dan76

2010 FOX F120 Vs RS Reba Uturn 100-120

Hi I am looking to purchase a new set of Forks for my Singlespeed XC bike and am in two minds between a set of 2010 FOX F120's and a set of Rock Shox Reba Uturn Airs with adjustable 100-120mm travel. Can anyone shed any light on the positive or negatives of both these forks eg Weight, options...
  11. Dan76

28H 20mm maxel hub

Hi I'm looking to change over to a new Rock Shox revelation fork with a 20mm Maxel and was wondering if anyone can reccomend a 20mm thru axel hub in 28hole configuration. I just built up a set of Mavic 819's and I don't want to waste my front rim. Cheers Dan
  12. Dan76

Post Your XC Machine

Where did you get the grips! Great looking XC rig mate how much does it weigh and where did you get those grips? I've been chasing a set for weeks. Cheers Dan:D
  13. Dan76

XC Wheels

Jet black rockets The Jet black rocket wheels are always a good choice for XC or light AM use as they are incredibly light (1540g) STRONG and are oh so sexy:D with the anodized hubs and spokes. you can pick up a set for under $600. I was using them on my Cannondale Rise and never had a problem...
  14. Dan76

MY Rides - RISE 4 & Planet X Compo SS

MY RIDES - 09 Cannondale Rise 4 All mountain/trail & Planet x Compo Singlespeed Hardtail XC THE DALE Frame - 09 Cannodale Rise Carbon rear stays 130mm travel (5 inches) Rear shock - FOX RP2 Front shock/fork - FOX FLOAT 140 RL Handlebars - Truvativ Noir Team Carbon Stem - Thomson Elite...
  15. Dan76

Mavic 819 Tubeless rims.

Hey guys I'm building up a tubeless wheelset using the hubs off my Jetblack rockets and was wondering if the Mavic 819 tubeless rims come in a 28hole version to suit my front hub:D. Cheers Dan