Recent content by davnic74

1. davnic74

Spec Enduro or Rocky Mountain Instinct

I have been on the instinct bc edition (yellow/green) twice and loved it.. just saving the cash to buy one after having a Trance which i loved and an Anthem advanced 0 which i still have but have a love/hate relationship with the Rocky made me realise the type of rider i am! Which none of the...
  2. davnic74

Shift work and riding!

Thanks, I can't ride to work, but was planning on bringing the bike in and hitting Lysty on the way home around 6.30 do 1hr and head home to bed. I'll have school pick up at 3.30 some days. It looks like a balancing act, and ultimatley will come down to how much sleep I need! Cheers
  3. davnic74

Shift work and riding!

Hey all, Anyone out there do shift work (night) and still manage to ride? I'll be doing 9pm- 6 am . Any tips or advice would be appreciated,
  4. davnic74

Post Your XC Machine

Yeah fair call, I'll give them the chop tomorrow.
  5. davnic74

Post Your XC Machine

Thanks, I'm watching some genuine Giant contact slr 690mm handlebars on eBay ATM if I miss them I'll check out the Eastons.
  6. davnic74

Post Your XC Machine

I'm 88 kg and they are tubeless, last night rear was at 24 and front 24, rear felt way to soft so went to 30 and still felt like it needed more.. Haven't tried 34 yet so tomorrow will tell. Part of my setup play around this morning was rolling the bars back from 0 to 2. Rather than cut them...
  7. davnic74

Post Your XC Machine

Thank's I to was looking at the advanced 1 but after demoing the aluxx 1 and the advanced 0 I couldn't get my head around going back to 2 chainrings. Absolutely love this setup it's so quiet and efficient. I've done around 30 ks thus far and still messing around with setup, suspension...
  8. davnic74

Post Your XC Machine

My new rocket Picked up this last week. Anthem Advanced 0, upgrades are Oury grips, SDG Belair Ti saddle, Maxxis Ardents and XTR pedals. Looking for 690mm handlebars next, don't like the 730mm??
  9. davnic74

LOST Bryton rider 50

Found , it was handed in to trailmix, unfortunately they didn't leave a number or name so can't give the reward !
  10. davnic74

LOST Bryton rider 50

Thanks mate, I'm bloody spewing it's gone!!
  11. davnic74

LOST Bryton rider 50

I'm going to ring them tomorrow, was 7 pm they close at 5 from memory.
  12. davnic74

LOST Bryton rider 50

Hi , Today I lost my Bryton rider 50 gps at Lysterfield between 6pm and 7pm from 1km gate hurdles through lower buckle and to boys farm switch. I'd really like it back if found, $50 reward . Thanks
  13. davnic74

Gloves with Palm protection

Yeah that's what I'm after, thanks. Fractured trapezoid 3 weeks ago and want to protect that area. Had esigrips too!
  14. davnic74

Gloves with Palm protection

Hey, I'm looking for gloves with palm protection, I can only find half finger gloves.. Would prefer full finger. Does anyone know of ,use or can recommend some. Thanks
  15. davnic74

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

All good, I removed tyre completely and did the soapy water trick... No good! Then added more soap and a lot more pressure, still no good! Then I twisted the tyre by hand and POP in it went. So @ pharmaboy I owe you a beer! Thanks.