Recent content by digitalformula

1. D

Being filmed on the trails by RC helicopter - would it bother you?

Cool. :) As for the safety stuff being taken care of - my bad and it was a poor choice of words. What I should've said was that there's an assumption all precautions would be taken and all guidelines/laws would be followed. It was just meant to indicate that all I'm asking right now is...
  2. D

Thanks - I'll interpret that as you having an objection to being filmed ...
  3. D

Dicking around? Thanks for the helpful suggestion, but no. As you say, other's opinions may differ. However, since you asked, all I'm doing is finding out if people would care about being filmed while riding on "public" land, or not. I reckon it's a good idea to ask these questions before...
  4. D

Thanks for the responses so far - all interesting except the sex tape stuff ... haha. That is, unless you're planning on making one while on the trails. :) Safety concerns aside (they would be taken care of) it's good to know some care, some don't. For anyone that hasn't read the link I...
  5. D

Thanks for that - good points. I should've been more specific, too. I'm talking specifically about quadcopters right now as that's what the research is aimed at. To be even more specific, the DJI Phantom 2. Apologies for the misleading wording. :)
  6. D

Hi all, The title says it all, really. I'll preface this question by saying I don't own an RC helicopter capable of recording video - the research is being done for a different purpose. Also, use the poll if you want - any comments are very welcome. Anyway, if you were out for a ride in...
  7. D

Selling top-end 26" XC bikes - what's the deal?

Yeah that's what I thought i.e. the new bits won't increase the price as much as maybe make it more attractive to someone looking for a bike like it. Cheers. :)
  8. D

Yeah, I figured that might be the case. Cheers for replying. :)
  9. D

Hey all, Firstly, this isn't a for sale post (otherwise I'd put it in the for sale area). Anyway, I've got a 26" S-Works Epic I want to sell. I've just spent over $1000 replacing most of the important drivetrain parts due to normal wear. It's 1.5 years old and in pretty much mint...
  10. D

VIC SOLD - 26" Cannondale Scalpel 1 *nearly* complete bike for sale

Hi all, This was posted some time ago and is still for sale. I can't find the original post, so I apologise in advance if I've just missed it. Chris - 0412 427 709. Item: Cannondale Scalpel 1 full suspension frame (size M) w/ FOX RP23 shock + boost valve, Cannondale Lefty Carbon PBR...
  11. D

S-Works Epic ... good?

Lol, I'll even put in a good word for you, if you want. Not sure what they'd say if I told them "czecharch" sent me, though ... ;-) Inertia valve - that's the term I was looking for. I haven't even taken the bike off-road properly yet so I'll be definitely giving it due beans before I make...
  12. D

S-Works Epic ... good?

Also, I used to ride with Sidi Dragons. Fantastic shoe - light, super tough sole and great fastening system but they hurt my feet (which are wide-ish, despite only being a 43). So yep, +1 on the "you get what you pay for thing" - the 3 pairs of Dragons I had were a costly way to find out...
  13. D

S-Works Epic ... good?

:-D 10.08 for a 29er is pretty damn good (although I guess the carbon wheels make quite some difference). You win by 20g! Lol. Looking forward to checking out the CGT this weekend, depending on how the weather goes. Like I mentioned in a previous post, though, the jury's still out on...
  14. D

No Helmet

Agreed. The OP broke the law and should accept the consequences. And as for the person that said they can't believe you can get done for drunk driving on a bicycle? Wow. Just wow.
  15. D

S-Works Epic ... good?

I have them and can honestly say that they've changed my MTB riding entirely. That might sound lame as hell but check this out ... I went through the BG Fit process with Justin to get the right footbed and wedge for my feet - it's transformed my riding and I have literally zero...