Recent content by dilzy

1. D

UK Equivalent of my Beloved Farkin

Cheers Hugor, Singletrack seems a fairly busy site, even if they could use some sub headings (seriously looking through the classifieds is painful RIO looks like a reasonable site as well. Waldog I'm in Aberdeen mate, pillaging the north sea, that sort of thing.
  2. D

UK Equivalent of my Beloved Farkin

I've moved to Scotland recently and I'm trying to find an equivalent to Farkin to look for place to ride and bikes to buy. There seems to be a lot of small but shitty cycling forums that come up on google, is there anything as encompassing as this forum that anyone knows of? (oz has Farkin...
  3. D

SOLD!!!! 2013 Turner DHR extra large - Full FSA, Sram X0, Marzocchi Evo Ti

You should really put up some pictures, it not only attracts more interest, but people like me can perv on your bike. Free bump.
  4. D

Prototype Rockshox BoXXer Lowers

Doesn't look like carbon, you can see where the dropout face is machined on the inside and it doesn't look like there's enough material around it for it to be a bonded aluminium insert in the carbon outer. Have they said they're carbonze?
  5. D

ENVE DH stem

If there's one component that seems to do it's job and never gets me excited it's a direct mount stem. If a stem gives you a hard on, what happens when you get a new set of forks...
  6. D

FOX DHX2 and Float X2 Rear Shocks

It's because by the looks of things they're using a positive displacement setup ala CC Double Barrel/Ohlins TTX. They went to a larger shaft to increase the oil flow through the 2ndary adjustable shim stack in the reservoir body, making adjustment more effective. With a positive displacement...
  7. D

XX1 & X01 retail groupset prices

If you're going to spend that much on a drive train, why not a Nicolai or something with a Pinion GB, or is it for a full lycra only xc race mobile?
  8. D

Upside Down Forks

I can't believe no one has mentioned Manitou. The new (ish) Dorado is by all accounts all it's cracked up to be. Whoops, merc did, I'm just blind. Basically the only competitive (weight and performance together) USD forks on the market atm are the Dorado and apparently the Emerald. I haven't...
  9. D

DVO Emerald Fork and Jade Rear Shock

My first full sussa was a 2005 (I think) Cannondale Gemini DH siemens job and I was all like well Cedric rode it, obviously I'll be the tits on it as well, it didn't work out as planned.
  10. D

For the amount of product they put out, they have very little issues. My experience long term with their stuff has been fantastic quality and reliability. Either way, Fox are viewed as the universal 'high end', BOS is further up I know, but they are not very well known at all. Their forks...
  11. D

Pricing themselves higher than the market leader in quality and performance is fucking idiotic.
  12. D

DH 2012 Banshee Legend

Mud guards are making a comeback, I say it here now, first this little one, pretty soon full blown 1990's schwinn straight 8 all over again. ps, sexy bike, I bet you cringe when you run over some sharp rocks/or you run 80psi in your tires.
  13. D

Carbon rotors??

I think that's a bit rough considering I've been wanting gear box and carbon bikes for years. I actually championed these when they came out because the dh tracks I used to ride were f'ing steep and even the 4 pot saints most of us were running were cooked by the end of the run, so the fade...
  14. D

First set of SPD's

As suggested, just get the cheapest shimano ones available for you to try them out. The shittyest shimano ones still last like forever.
  15. D

Carbon rotors??

With motorbike carbon rotors, yes, with these, no I have no experience. The organics (I mean the shitty resin based basically glued together bicycle ones) usually can't handle the heat, which is the whole point of using a composite rotor anyway, otherwise it's just an expensive wank. Fade...