Recent content by dk13

1. D

SRAM Guide RS Brakes - Lever slow to return

Sram is replacing levers under warranty. Got my 2 levers replaced last week Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. D

Gold Coast or Brisbane to Rotorua Direct

Hey guys, I recentrly went on a trip to Rotorua, and i can't say enough good things about the trails there... the only bad thing is getting there. We flew from Gold Coast to Auckland than Auckland to Rotorua, the problem was the very small plane to rotorua, that was so small that wouldn't...
  3. D

Does stem height affects difficulty of pulling manuals?

Hey guys, Lately i've been practicing manuals, but still find them pretty hard to pull. I know it's all about body weight between you and the bike, the theory i know it all. I also know with full suspension bike it's harder to achieve. Same for longer stems... I have a stumpy evo with a...
  4. D

FOUND ipod touch at nerang

hey guys, found an ipod touch at nerang today, screen is completely cracked, but still wroking, it has a password lock on it so if it's really you you would know the code, please PM me and we can arrange time to meet so i can return it to the correct owner. cheers, dan
  5. D

My frist MTB video

nice one mate, MTB on the snow looks pretty cool, must give that a go one day... cheers, dan
  6. D

My frist MTB video

thanks everyone we had lots of fun doing it too... next one i'm working on a cable cam project lets see how it goes ;) cheers, dan
  7. D

My frist MTB video

hope you guys enjoy it... https://vimeo.com/36332100 https://vimeo.com/36332100
  8. D

LOST LOST Garmin Edge 500 at Mt Joyce today

hey guys, I lost My Garmin Edge 500 today on the carpark at MT Joyce around 11am, white and black, must have left on top of the car and drove off... If someone found it please PM me, please... i'll arrange a box of beer as reward or something... Cheers, dan
  9. D

how to manual? Yes sorry its dumb but i'm trying to understand my bike setup...

good point... i might be pushing i bit too far from my skills trying to learn something above my limits... it might be a good idea and step back a bit and try to master the little things and step gradually in to harder stuff... i have some training videos that i was following, and pretty much...
  10. D

cool, yeah still working on the wheelie, sometimes i can some not, but can't maintain much of a balance for long... to be honest the reason i want to learn the manual, is more like of a need as an important skill to have on the trail, for bunny hopping obstacles and coming down of places, most...
  11. D

yeah, thats a good tip, film myself and compare to see what is wrong... i've ordered a 90mm stem but not thinking about manuals its more to improve my position on the bike, since i'm feeling a bit stretched out and forward on the bars, specially on downhills and tricky sections on the tracks. i...
  12. D

hey guys, i know there are many posts and youtube videos around, and this question should be asked again... i know all the theory, and seen all those vids on how to do it, but for some reason i can't pull my front wheel more than 10cm of the ground, even leaning back as hard as i can almost...
  13. D

Advice: 2011 Giant Anthem x2, Giant Trance x2 or Scott Spark 50.

Yes mate, those guys definitely helped a lot, I was tossing between those bikes for a while and after some good reading and thinking I decided to go with the trance, and I'm loving it, last week I had the oportunity to ride the anthem and I'm glad I went with the trance, it's such a nice bike...
  14. D

yeah, basically what i did was good gentle hose, and it did the trick, also centred the brakes... nice and smooth now... :) cheers, dan
  15. D

Thanks nickdos, but the though of pulling my shock apart is a bit scary for me... never done it before since that is my first full susp bike... still trying to get my head around it... have you done it? is it a hard thing to do? or maybe better to take it back to the bike shop and get them to do...