Recent content by doctr-dan

1. D

Fox rp23 leaking

If anyone sees a decent 2nd hand one for sale for a good price let me know. I had a look on eBay but only found some for around $180 etc
  2. D

Fox rp23 leaking

If this was the case wouldn't a shop be able to service it rather than send it away.
  3. D

First ride in 12 months

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice guys. I haven't been out again yet when I've had the opportunity in the afternoon it's just been to hot after building wall frames and standing trusses all day and the beer fridge has won!
  4. D

First ride in 12 months

So went for my first ride in 12 months on Friday. I'm still a newb as I had only really done about 12-15 rides prior to stopping 12 months ago. We set out to do manly dam and the new tracks that just opened as well. Fox puppet was the tour guide and bro I inlaw was over from NZ. Within 10mins...
  5. D

Fox rp23 leaking

I'm located in sydney. I've just got no idea on cost of sending it to fox or another suspension type group.
  6. D

Fox rp23 leaking

Just noticed the other day that overnight there was a puddle of oil under the bike. Upon further inspection I found it leaking out around the red dial area at the top of the shock. I spoke to a couple of people and I was told it needs to sent back to fox to be fixed. Any idea of the cost...
  7. D

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

I'm more amazed at the adage of the people riding it when it's closed, not kids but adults really they have no reason not to know better,
  8. D

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Is it possible to build a permanent gate at the top with a padlock, if the gates locked the trail is closed, sure numb nuts will still go in if they want but it takes out any of the supposed confusion that people seem to be having. That and possible random ranger visits on days it closed with a...
  9. D

Home Brew

Is this more suitable withe heat? What about up and down temps as it seems theses days we have temps in the 30s and then it drops to mid to low 20s
  10. D

Specialized SWAT Bottle Cage...

Pretty sure fox puppet has one without the box
  11. D

Home Brew

Haven't brewed due to the warmer weather....:(
  12. D

Is my chain too long?

Thanks guys I'll leave it as is.
  13. D

Is my chain too long?

Here's a pic on big big,
  14. D

Is my chain too long?

Hey all, I was wondering if my chain was too long. I didn't have the old chain too copy the length. To get the length of the new chain I compressed the suspension and laid the from big to big and added 2 links. This seems to be okay until you shift to small small rings then the chain hits...
  15. D

Not happy with insurance repair offer. What are my options?

The insurance industry has changed, they will now do anything not to write a car off because they can no longer recoup any money by selling them as repairable write offs. Eg, my mates car was worth 18k the damage bill was 12k the front left wheel had been ripped off and destroyed the steering...