Recent content by DoubleD

1. D

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

For the last 6 months I've been running Panaracer Driver Pro 29 2.1s. I replaced RaRa's with these and just love them. Fast but amazing grip, corner well and very predictibly. I think they are definitley grippier than the RaRa's especially when cornering. You just need to trust the front and...
  2. D

VIC No Frills Friday Night Summer Series starts Friday 15th Nov 13 Geelong Mt Bike Club.

Second that, brilliant racing, just a pity I had a few clashes with the nationals. Really enjoyed getting down for these races and they made a huge improvement to my skill and fitness levels. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  3. D

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

I'd look at the exposure lights. Grab a diablo or 2 from excel sports on special at the moment. Run one at low power on the bars, one on high with battery pack on helmet, good for 3 hours Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  4. D

Forks

This is one of those dumb questions once you know the answer. Is it possible to convert 26" forks to 29" by changing the lowers or is everything different? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  5. D

Ves 2014...

Ok, my mistake. And if you're the Trav from Trav's Diamond et al, you have my heartfelt thanks and admiration Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  6. D

Ves 2014...

Maybe the emphasis came across wrong. Tim would appreciate that. I was suggesting that some club members must put in a lot of "hard work in conjunction with Parks", but having said that I'm new to the scene down there so I'm just making some assumptions about the effort that goes into making a...
  7. D

Ves 2014...

They have done a hell of a lot of work to get lucky like that :biggrin-new: They work hard with Parks, they raise money, they have volunteers who devote extreme amounts of time and as a club they they really know what they want to deliever. It's not that fantastic a venue in many ways, eg it's...
  8. D

Ves 2014...

XCO racing is well and truly alive in parts, look at GMBC's no frills Friday racing. Big turnouts, for an hour of great, fun, friendly racing throughout the year. Those numbers then translate into huge turnouts for their 3hr series and other events such as the Yowie. The secret is...
  9. D

Ves 2014...

My focus is xco, I use these 3 hour races to get endurance into the legs earlier in the season. Personally I think it would be great if we could get a calendar that supported a logical build up to the National xco and endurance championships. That means dividing the year up with say a 3 hr...
  10. D

Ves 2014...

I like racing 3 hours, 6 is too long, and I'm not keen on racing in a team. If the VES is restricted to 6 hrs only I won't be there. No big deal obviously, but it looks like there are a lot of riders who feel similarly, hence the growth. If someone wants to run alternative 3 hr races that's...
  11. D

NSW Moama

Great racing on the banks of the Murray at Moama today in the National series. The new track that they have dug into the banks on the north side is an absolute hoot. The 15 minute course was like an extended pump track, fast, furious and Fun. Echuca and Moama have great facilities, it's...
  12. D

The You Yangs Thread

I've been riding the No Frills Friday series run by Geelong MBC down at the Youies. Starts 7pm down there. First half of the season is around Kurrajong, second half over at Stockyards. It's great fun, extremely welcoming even for novices and a fantastic skills and fitness workout. I head down...
  13. D

Opinions on mountain bike skills lessons?

Join StKilda cycling club and come along to the next skills weekend that Pat Fitzpatrick coaches at. Take what you've learnt and get down to the You Yang's for a couple of seasons of their No Frills Friday racing. You'll improve out of sight Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  14. D

Bedding new brake pads

This is a paper on why you need in brakes http://www.centricparts.com/files/Centric%20White%20Paper%20C2-Bed-In%20Theory.pdf Once you put new pads in you need to get everything really hot to properly bed in. In my rally car years ago with hard pads that meant literally smoking hot. On the...
  15. D

International Masters age groups

Tim, a couple of other questions you may know the answers to: is there any qualification process for the Masters championships? How do they determine the callup order at the start of the race? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk